Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Flowers?

HubbardRA

My daughter Janice wanted to give me a basket of flowers for Christmas. Becky told her that I probably wouldn't like flowers, but I needed some new screwdrivers. This is what I got. Pretty creative, huh? [img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/Screwdrivers.jpg[/img] There is hard foam in the bottom of the basket. It is actually a good way to keep them separated and have them handy. I liked it!!

Pretty neat Rod. :DNow ya gotta work on them to get screwdrivers off the Snap On truck. I been workin on that for years, but they suffer sticker shock just stepping in the truck. Joe

Tom, They were meant to replace the screwdrivers that keep following everyone to other places. With two sons, a daughter, and a wife, I can't keep screwdrivers in the garage. Every time I work on my oldest son's car, I carry a handful of tools back to the garage that have ended up in his trunk. Whenever I go into the utility room to look for something, I also carry a handful back to the garage. Strange how these tools just seem to walk off and hide. Especially screwdrivers and pliers.

Same problem at my house Rod. I have a wife who is "Handy With Tools" and when I look for somthing in the garage it's NEVER there. My usual line: "I guess the mice are borrowed my Vise Grips again!":D

I keep looking for the hiding spot for all those single, missing socks and screwdrivers that keep disappearing... I used to really appreciate the Sears Hardware Days sales that come up in January/February when you could buy single Craftsman screwdrivers for $1 each... Don't even know if they still have those sales anymore, but that was a great, inexpensive way to replace the 3 or 4 sizes of common and Phillips that are typically used -- and that always disappear, leaving only the short, stubby suckers or the 18" long, skinny ones in the tool box...

I normally have to hunt for a phillips screwdriver, I so used to using the Dewalt for those that my hand held ones sink to the bottom. My older son had a problem with leaving my tool out in the snow when he had his snow machine, after I made him go to NAPA and replace a socket and 6 inch extention along with the rachet the cost wised him up real quick and the problem ceased. He's now the proud owner of his own sears tool kit and when he's done doing something, EVERY thing is back in its spot.:)

Yep, same here, come snow melt there they were in a circle around where he parked his sled. Went to Sears bought him one of those box sets and locked my box up. When he had to start buying them himself he gained a new respect for tools. Funny how that works.