Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
AC917Hydro

To weld, or not to weld? (pics added)

AC917Hydro
Hello all, My 42" single stage blower on the AC917H is in need of repair. The flanged ring and blower chute have become separated. The three tack welds are still fine but unfortunately, the sheet metal they once belonged to has rusted off.B) I was considering running a full bead along the enitre joint. The only problem I see with this is it would make it real tough to get it off. Has anyone ever needed to replace the chute? If so, I'll just tack it in place as it was before. [img]/club2/attach/ac917hydro/DSC00045.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ac917hydro/DSC00047.jpg[/img] Thanks,

D-17_Dave
I'd weld it, but wouldn't weld it solid. The metal is only so strong, so there's no use putting a weld on it that much stronger than the metal it's on. It would just be wasteing time and wire.