Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstrand Question

maxtorman1234

Hey, I have a sunstrand that i cannot push at all, even with pressure released. It acts like the tires are locked. The pump whines like it's working, and is full of oil, but I still cant move. Anybody know what the problem is? Thanks,

The freewheeling valves may be stuck in the closed position. Try pecking on the rods coming out of the valves with a hammer to fully release them. I had to do that on my Sunstrand to get it to freewheel.

are these the valves that you push down to release the pressure, they move freely. I myself am thinking something is messed up in the trans.

Sounds to me like there is something jammed in the gear end of the transmission. Wouldn't be the Differential because if that were bad the axle tube would still turn. A WHeel Horse I had had the same peoblem but it was a bolt that came loose inside and was catching the tranny case. Don't know if the same sort of thing can happen in the Simplicity tranny or not...

Thanks for the replies, I was listening to it today while it was runnig and it sounded like a loose gear moving in there. I wish it was just the brake stuck on . It's definately something in the transmission. The axle tube wont't budge. Has anybody been into these transmissions before? are they easy to work on? Thanks,