Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ohio Christmas snowstorm!

Mack

We got hit with a record two feet of snow here in NW Ohio a few days before Christmas.Here is a picture of the backyard Thursday morning. [img]/club2/attach/Mack/buddy.jpg[/img] I did'nt get any action pictures of my machine but the snow thrower did a great job!I cleaned my drive very quickly then went to work on my brothers and neighbors.Had to wait on a snow plow to break through my dads road to get to him but got his place cleared out for all the cars that were going to be there on Chrismas day. I would never have been able to get as much done with just the 46" snowblade.

OK Marty, I did'nt get any pictures of my machine but Roger(orangeone)Keller sent me some pictures of his,so here are his pics. [img]/club2/attach/Mack/Rogers 1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Mack/Rogers 2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Mack/Rogers 3.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Mack/Rogers 4.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Mack/Rogers 5.jpg[/img]

Thanks Mack for putting my pix on the site. My "Dear wife took them and I thanked her for braving the cold to do it. Ispent 71/2 hrs blowing out my drive and all the nabors drives. It was fun.Thanks again Mack,hope to see you in the spring at a plowday. I got a 7016 six-speed all ready to plow.

Here is some pictures from the seat of my Landlord: [img]/club2/attach/PapaMerkle/l20.jpg[/img] Action shots: [img]/club2/attach/PapaMerkle/l13.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/PapaMerkle/l15.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/PapaMerkle/l6.jpg[/img] Snow is 10-12 inches deep: [img]/club2/attach/PapaMerkle/l9.jpg[/img] Landlord is 9 years old. It's a 16 horse Briggs with a 6 speed manual transmission. From what I've been told This style Landlord with a manual trans is a low production model.

Glad you told us that is a Landlord Dale, I would have never guessed. Didn't realize Simplicity ever made such a mondern looking Landlord. Thanks for the pics. Wonder if the sq chutes work better or worse then the round ones. Anybody have both?

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Glad you told us that is a Landlord Dale, I would have never guessed. Didn't realize Simplicity ever made such a mondern looking Landlord. Thanks for the pics. Wonder if the sq chutes work better or worse then the round ones. Anybody have both?
We have both, the new style square chute dosent blow the snow as high or as far as the old rounded chute. I like the old style better:)

Landlord has 730 hours on it.I've had only 1 problem(broken spring)in 9 years(new in Jan.96). It is the only new tractor I've owned. I added electric lift and rear 3 point. Landlord still has orginal battery in it.

I'm glad you guys held all that snow to the south, we only got about 6" out of that storm. Great pictures thanks for sharing them.

Nice to see you guys get to use your tractors also. We did not get enough snow to use my tractor with snowblower and cab yet.:( I had my Simplicity 3416H with 46" snowblade out the other day.^ My nephew also got a tractor ride and learned how to clean the snow off the driveways. Karl

Great pics. We got about 22" in Richmond IN. It was in the 40's today and they are calling for mid 50's until next Monday. Now I am going to have to get out the row boat!!! Snow blower 1 week and flooding the next. They say if you don't like the weather in Indiana wait until the next day!!

Used my D/A 917 to pull the kids around the neighborhood on their sleds. What a blast! My antique narrow Ward's ags had surprisingly great traction for plowing the driveway on the first day (about 6 inches), but the heavy ice on last Thursday (an additional foot) proved too much for it. Heaviest darn snow I've ever seen! I have a nice older MTD 2-stage walk-behind that cut through it pretty well. By next winter, I hope to sell the MTD and pick up a blower for the 917 -- the little Tecumseh on the MTD runs smooth but just doesn't have a lot of oomph for throwing any distance. I'm jealous of the pics -- I need to train my wife to take more pride in my tractoring!

Hi Great pictures! From the looks of it you got a lot of snow.Up here in my area of Ontario Canada we got about 12 inches of snow last week and so I was out blowing snow alot with my Agco Allis 1920H. Unfortunately the tempurature has been mild this week, so no snow to blow this week. Take Care Jason B "Long live the Simplicity Sunstar"

The weatherman is finally forecasting some measurable snow finally! I might be able to blow some and have a little fun. Thanks for the nice pictures.

I moved a lot of snow last week with the 4041 and 52" blower. It did a wonderful job. I probably spent about 35-40 hrs. on it. I need to get a set of chains somewhere for it. It has the high flotation tires if anyone has a set? Ryan