Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Byrne

starter/Generator Parts Diagram

Tom_Byrne
Well, looks like I have a good shot at getting all the shop equipment needed to start rebuilding Delco-Remy starter/generators. The nephew of the old timer that did it wants to sell- although we have not discussed price yet. Should make a nice little part time business. MY PROBLEM: I have never tackled these before- does anyone know where I can get diagrams and parts lists? Did some research on the net and here, came up with a goosegg. Any help is appreciated.

BLT
Tom, Delco-Remy Div, General Motors Corp was sold off. It went in two directions. The starters and alternators went to Remy Inc at Anderson IN and regulators went to A-C Spark Plug, now AC-Delco. I have one repair bulletin on generators and there is many and nothing on the regulators. I have one parts bulletin on the long frames with the bushing CE frame and have not stumbled one to any others yet. To make it more difficult, they have not been massed produced that I am aware for some time. There are aftermarket parts suppliers out there as parts can still be purchased but who are they I can't tell you. You just have to keep grinding away. I can Email you what I have. That is a humble start.

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity314
Tom: This might help : http://www.antiquetractors.com/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?w=articles/artint129.htm I had another link, but I can't find it offhand. I'll keep looking.
Also let's not forget the article from Al Eden for the basic knowledge. http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/service.htm

rokon2813
Tom, I have several old repair manuals for engines, removed from shops back in the 70's and 80's. Some have supplements in them not pertaining to the "regular" stuff. I'll flip through some and see if some mechanic sometime was smart enough to save what you need way back when..... No guarantee's, but I've found stranger stuff in there...

JJ MARSHALL
i'm thinking that we use to get most of our parts from ACE ELECTIC CO INC.for the S/G. HOLCOLM ARMATURES in ATLANTA GA was where we got ours armatures i hope i spelled it right. JJ

Tom_Byrne
Thanx for all the advice and the links guys(Bob: I was looking for Al's article and could not locate it! Never checked "Service"). I also picked up an old service bulletin that is very helpful. Now all I have to do is meet with the guy and hope he does not think he has a gold mine. More later