Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
wantedinct

Should have did this last winter

wantedinct
Well i just had to try it, i was tired of hearing that ugly noise you get when the snow-thrower becomes a rock-thrower. [img]/club2/attach/wantedinct/snowblowerwheels1.jpg[/img] All i can say is that it works great !! No more digging the shoe's into the gravel letting the snowthrower sink until all *%!! breaks loose. [img]/club2/attach/wantedinct/snowblowerwheels2.jpg[/img] I just put the hydro-lift into float and i can steer fine.

PhanDad
That's a great implementation of an idea that's been kicking around for a while - and now folks know that it works. Wish I had that set up years ago when I tried to snowblow my Mom's gravel driveway - like you said, the shoes dig in and then the noise starts. If you live where the ground doesn't stay frozen all the time, and you want to use a snowblower, your "invention" is a must. Hope you have plans/parts list - I'm sure you'll be getting requests.

wantedinct
Kent, the wheels cut right through the snow, and the blower stays right at 7/8" off the driveway. Originally i was going to mount the wheels behind the housing but i would have needed a much smaller wheels, and my thought was that they would'nt roll in the snow very well. So far this set-up has worked great.

ehertzfeld
Hey Eric, I hate to be the one to point out somthing thats wrong. And by that I mean that green and yellow thing you have in your gararge! Looks great. BTW how far are you from the BJ's in North Haven? I go there from time to time for work. Elon

ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by wantedinct
Elon, That green thing is my father-inlaws, a friend of his gave it to him, (not running) so i had to fix it up for him. I'm about 5 minutes from bj's
Ok we'll let that go this time!:D:D:D If I know in advance, the next time I go to BJ's I'll let you know. Elon

Wishin2BMowin
Now that's a great idea! This is the first winter I've had my Simplicity 3212H with a 42 inch blower. When I used it on Monday, like you I had some troubles digging up the ground up pavement that I use in my driveway. I was thinking of welding some metal on my skids to make them work better but the wheels are a much better idea. I have a set from an old walk behind blower that should do the trick. Did you mount them on your skids so they can be adjusted?

Bunky
That looks like it's gonna work great I will wish I had them before this years over... If the weatherman is right all my snow will be gone in the next coupld of days and I will have to start over....

Jason
Hi That is a neat idea! With the wheels on the blower, how low can you blow snow off of your drive way with the blower? What I mean is how low can you lower the blower to remove snow,without picking up rocks. Very nice looking unit you got there! Take Care Jason B