Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Should have did this last winter

wantedinct

Well i just had to try it, i was tired of hearing that ugly noise you get when the snow-thrower becomes a rock-thrower. [img]/club2/attach/wantedinct/snowblowerwheels1.jpg[/img] All i can say is that it works great !! No more digging the shoe's into the gravel letting the snowthrower sink until all *%!! breaks loose. [img]/club2/attach/wantedinct/snowblowerwheels2.jpg[/img] I just put the hydro-lift into float and i can steer fine.

That's a great implementation of an idea that's been kicking around for a while - and now folks know that it works. Wish I had that set up years ago when I tried to snowblow my Mom's gravel driveway - like you said, the shoes dig in and then the noise starts. If you live where the ground doesn't stay frozen all the time, and you want to use a snowblower, your "invention" is a must. Hope you have plans/parts list - I'm sure you'll be getting requests.

Neat idea!!! Do the wheels cause a problem pushing into the uncut snow on the side(s)... Wonder if you could put them behind the main blower housing, somehow...

Kent, the wheels cut right through the snow, and the blower stays right at 7/8" off the driveway. Originally i was going to mount the wheels behind the housing but i would have needed a much smaller wheels, and my thought was that they would'nt roll in the snow very well. So far this set-up has worked great.

Hey Eric, I hate to be the one to point out somthing thats wrong. And by that I mean that green and yellow thing you have in your gararge! Looks great. BTW how far are you from the BJ's in North Haven? I go there from time to time for work. Elon

Elon, That green thing is my father-inlaws, a friend of his gave it to him, (not running) so i had to fix it up for him. I'm about 5 minutes from bj's

quote:
Originally posted by wantedinct
Elon, That green thing is my father-inlaws, a friend of his gave it to him, (not running) so i had to fix it up for him. I'm about 5 minutes from bj's
Ok we'll let that go this time!:D:D:D If I know in advance, the next time I go to BJ's I'll let you know. Elon

Now that's a great idea! This is the first winter I've had my Simplicity 3212H with a 42 inch blower. When I used it on Monday, like you I had some troubles digging up the ground up pavement that I use in my driveway. I was thinking of welding some metal on my skids to make them work better but the wheels are a much better idea. I have a set from an old walk behind blower that should do the trick. Did you mount them on your skids so they can be adjusted?

That looks like it's gonna work great I will wish I had them before this years over... If the weatherman is right all my snow will be gone in the next coupld of days and I will have to start over....

Hi That is a neat idea! With the wheels on the blower, how low can you blow snow off of your drive way with the blower? What I mean is how low can you lower the blower to remove snow,without picking up rocks. Very nice looking unit you got there! Take Care Jason B