Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

WW Loaded tires

mowerman1193

Well I finally broke down and decided to ad some weight to my tractor (3415H)..I just bought new Super Lugs a week or so ago..I was very impressed with the traction with these without chains..However I thought it was not as good as it could be with some weight.. I bought the tool for loading tires and it was a waste (very slow process) of time and money,LOL Then I remembered reading about breaking down one side of the tire and pouring it in...I spent like 1/2 hr with only getting about 3/4 of a gallon in the tire with that stupid tool and part of that was spilled on the ground..But after breaking down one side I filled both tires in about 20 minutes.. Now I must have scared the snow away as its in the 40's and supposed to get warmer by the end of the week..I would like to get some so I can try my loaded tires.. BTW. I think this must be the cheapest way to ad weight as the WW fluid was only .94 a gallon and I put 6 gallons in each tire..That makes 48lbs. per tire..for about $12 Anyone have some snow I can plow? LOL

Does WW fluid rust the inside of the tires? Will it hurt the rims more compared to when they are not filled with it? What is the temperature at which WW fluid freezes? Thanks BKASSULKE

Well the WW fluid is not nearly as corrosive as the Calcium Chloride that they normally use in farm tractors ect..But this is my first of doing this so I can't say from experiance as too how bad it would rust..From what I have read though as long as you fill them enough to keep air from getting to the exposed wheel you will be fine.. The cheaper fluid I bought is good to -25F and my tractor stays indoors so I will be fine..For a little more money you can get a better WW fluid to protect down to I think -45F..

Excellent choice Mowerman! I've had my SuperLugs for about a year now loaded with approx. 6 1/2 gallons of W/W solution and had NO trouble plowing or garden work. As for rusting ??? I'll see when ever I get my first flat. As long as the wheels are painted I don't expect no or very little rusting. :D ps,,, be careful with the SuperLugs and that hydro because it will pull the front wheels off the ground!!! [:0]

Thanks Mark, I was hoping I didn't just throw money down the drain with these tires...I can really feel the difference with the WW fluid in them...even just driving it around the yard ect.. Can't wait to get some snow to give them a real try/workout..