Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
hdrhdr

Replacing rear seals??

hdrhdr
I'm am in need of replacing the rear axle seals on my 725. I picked up a couple from the dealer today. My questions is, Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, do's, dont's when replacing them. The owners manual says to remove the rear axle. Will anything fall apart in the rearend when I slide out the axle?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. hdrhdr (randy)

ReedS
Randy Check out the article at this link specific to axle seals: [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=18062[/url] They're not too hard to do but it will take some time.:)

hdrhdr
ReedS. WOW!! Thank you so much. Your link was great. I printed it out, laid it on the work bench and went to town. I installed the new seals in no-time. I had no problems. The hub even came off with just a few taps from a soft hammer. Again Thank you. You guys and this forum are the best. hdrhdr (Randy)