Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Loading tires with sugar beet juice?

mowerman1193
Was talking to my uncle about loading my new tires with the WW fluid..He put new tires on his farm tractor and had the place load them..He says they use sugar beet juice or something now..I guess its non corrosive and non toxic..But the guy told him if you get a leak you will sure know it as it smells horible.. I guess this stuff weights about 13 lbs per gallon.I wonder what it would cost to have some of these smaller tires loaded with the stuff..I doubt it would be as cheap as my WW fluid,LOL Has anyone heard of this or is he telling me another one of his wild made up stories he is so famous for,LOL

MDB
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Think I'll stick with hangging iron on rims.
Think I will too Marty..... Raised sugarbeets up to about 12 years ago, If that juice gets to smelling anything like decaying beets I don't want anything to do with it....:p;)

MikeES
I don't know about the expansion rate of freezing liquid sugars but I do know that they do set up when cold. I know at 20 deg F that it would get stiff enough that it will not flow in the tires but stay as a lump as the tire rotates. Depending on the concentration levels of the sugars usually they need to be stored warm (100 deg F) to make them pumpable. Any liquid sugar (sucrose, fructose, dextrose, etc.) will get thicker as it gets colder (syrup). So logically I think it will freeze.