Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Early B10 and others UPDATE w/new pics

Chris727

Picked these up the Wednesday.

The early B10 is supposed to run but needs some work on the points. It is my first round hooded foot dragger! I really like the old style AC-logo on the grill. Its got the wrong hood decals, hood was probably off a bumblebee B10, still has the 23D motor. There is also a 2210 Landlord for parts, its BGB is going into my B110, and an old 9hp landlord for parts. The landords were tough to move without wheels. The deck belongs to the B10, and the ariens tiller is just for parts. Also got an extra B10 transmission with wheels. I had the seat and motor covered up on the B10 because of rain, no snow here near St.Louis, it was in the 60's today! I've got so many extra parts now that maybe I could build one of those tandem axle jobs like Elon8D Have a Happy New Years! 1/26/04 Had the B10 running ok a few times, didn't run it more than 20 minutes total the few times I ran it. Seemed like it ran ok until last time. Started smoking a lot. Never put it under load, just ran it parked. Took off the motor and there was a lot of oil on top of the piston. Looks like time for a rebuild. Hope I can get by with rings. Will take it apart and have it measured up soon. Got the B10 tractor all cleaned up. I think I'll paint the dash, maybe the whole tractor but I don't want it to be too pretty to use. It looks like someone has repainted the engine, hood, and lower grill with some Cat yellow, they did a poor job, painted over dirt etc, and used bondo on part of the hood. At least its keeping my B110 company^

Thanks for the comments guys. I got the B10 running last night, needs some fine tuning but I think it will run ok. I need to pull the motor and clean out some mice nests.

• 4 weeks later...
That grill looks great. I see what you mean about the engine and such painted. It all don't look half bad all cleaned up now. Definately a keeper. Not too many with the white steering wheel and lift lever grip. I've got an early B-10 for parts if you need some of the old steering gear. I think I got a good set of side panels too. Nice haul.

Dave, I might be needing the battery side panel. All the pictures of early B-10's at Simpletractors show them with black grips. I guess the white grip came off a B-1? Bunky, it looked like most of the nest had blown out of the blower cover before I took the motor off, I've seen worse nests. The engine is currently .10 over, I hope it doesn't need the crank bearings too. The cylinder is not scratched and doesn't have any ridges/grooves but I guess it might still need to go up to .20 or .30 over if its out of round. I could see the oil leaking past the rings when I turn it over by hand, funny that it ran fine when I got it. Plenty of oil too. I've never had a motor bored before. If it measures up okay I may just have the cyinder cross hatched and put .10 over new rings on the old piston. Fortunately most motor parts are available. Patrick, I'm not sure I needed more. I'm getting burried alive with this stuff, I just can't pass up a deal though.

Nice find.If im right the early B10's had the white grip steering wheel on them.You have a nice looking fleet going there.You may have to add on the building to get more room for others.Just my 2cents worth.Tony

Tony, My Dad had that building built only about a year ago to get my stuff out of the yard. When I leave he'll make it into a woodshop, but for now it's all I'm gonna get. My biggest problem is once I start something I never seem to finish it, for several reasons, time and money being the big ones.

I no what you mean about not finishing projects, i got to be in the moude to do anything,but when i start something i do what i can up to a point that i cant go any futher do to money or parts.