Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis tiller question

bp4469

Hello, I just picked up an Allis tiller. The model # on the tag is 0962772. I could not find any info on this tiller. Does the model # sound right? This tiller was used with a 314 allis and I plan on using it on a 2010 landlord. Any info on the tiller or parts maual etc. would be very helpful.

The MFG# is the one you need. Also the rear lower hitch and upper lift point might be a different size comeing off from an Allis 300 series.

If you have all the hitch parts you might try swaping for one that will bolt right up to your 2010. There are a lot of people that would like to have a 300/400 tiller and I think they are a lot harder to find than the B-series tillers.

It is likly a 1690039 tiller or 1600346.The biggest difference being the top hitch point.This one is 1&1/8th" diamiter at the top.And slightly wider at the bottom where the two points pin to the drawbar.

The 1 1/8" top lift point and wider lower hitch points are for the Allis Chalmers 300/400 series tractors. This was so the attachment would not directly interchange with Simplicity to comply with Goverment regulations at the time. This was also the case with the square top lift point on Homelite tractors. Other wise the attachments were the same.

quote:
Originally posted by bp4469
Thanks for the info. So does anyone want to trade hitches?
I would be willing to trade hitches. I have a spare tiller:). I would also need to know how the tiller is hooked up on a 3/400 and if there are extra parts i need.

You would need part#s 10 through 16 to clutch the tiller on a 300/400 tractor.A 700 series tractor does not need these parts as it would be controled by the cone clutch. [img]/club2/attach/Mack/Tiller parts.jpg[/img]

Thanks. I was also wondering if I can use the same pulleys for the 300 that I have for the 700 that mount on the tractor. I was also wondering what exactly part #'s 29-30 were for.

The two parts that are different between a 300/400 tiller and the other Simplicity/Allis Chalmers Tillers are Part # 8 and part # 24 and will interchange. With the exception of those two parts the tillers are the same.

Maxtorman, the trade sounds good to me. I have the parts mentioned above for the tiller. I'm glad that someone wants to trade or I'd probably end up modifing the hitch to work on my 2010. which I really didn't want to do. Email or PM me and we can work this trade out. Thanks