Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow plow lift rod

TRAC TOR

My snow plow uses a chain connected to the lift, when I drop the plow, it tends to glide on the snow without any pressure. A rod would probably hold it in place. I have a rod for the snow thrower, but it is too long for the plow. Are the rods available?

Most of the lift rods are no longer availabe and would be easy to make. Go to Tractor Supply Co. (TSC) and buy the rod. Dutch had a topic a couple of years ago on making a lift rod.

It's alot easyer just to go to your local hardware store and buy round stock. You can bend it to match what you need. Elon

I just use the HW store round stock, and thread it to put clevises on each end. Then I can "fine-tune" the length to get it exactly what I want...

here are a few that I have made. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0035.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0036.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0037.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0038.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/Img_0039.jpg[/img] I simply heated them up in a vice and bent them to fit. Oh the last one is just for kicks:o) Elon

Elon, Nice work on those rods, and that's quite a gagle of tractors you have there. How do you like that shelter? I've been wondering how they hold up in a wind storm, we get some pretty stiff breezes around here.

They are a cheep way to keep things dry. In the sun they get quite hot. I keep the door open to keep the heat down. I close it when a storm comes. So far it has held up great. I just wish I got a bigger one. I'm running out of room quick. Elon

Accually the yelow one to the left is Rob-Bs, and the one with the yellow on top to the right is a friend of my wifes, both are in the process of being repaired. The one with the blue moving blanket is my wifes 3310v puller, in need of alot of work. Elon

Comet66, I have one of the round shaped shelters. It is 12x20. I was also worried about wind, but it holds up well and hardly moves. I think it will hold for quite a few years. Mine is supposed to have a 15 year warranty on the vinyl cover. I also staked the framework down quite well, and as I said, it doesn't move much at all in heavy winds.