Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My steering wheel, what do you think

jjohn5413

I got the steering wheel from pep boys and made an adapter to mount it making sure I could use the AC center cap

I thought I was the only one with a custom wheel. I have the three-spoke deep dish wheel on the 61 Wards, the type hot rodders used in the 60s. Looks like now I need to change to the color coordinated Euro look to match today's fashions. The wife always says my style is out-of-date. Nice looking tractor JJ. Wheel matches the color very well. How did you make the wheel adapter?

I made the alum. adapter on a cnc lathe. There are a few pics in my gallery, the pics are scanned photos still have the get a digital camera. I will show better pics when I get a camera. I'm still working on restoring the tractor, the color is sunburst yellow from home depot (spray cans). Now I have 17" eagle alloy rims on the back with low profile tires that I think look sharp. But no fuzzy dice.

JJ, On mine, I used the center of the mangled, original wheel and welded a large thick washer to it. I then drilled three holes in the washer to match the mounting holes in the wheel. I covered the center with a machined aluminum plug.

Wouldn't have looked as nice as your JJ but a couple weeks ago I almost modified mine. Was planning on installing sno-machine hand warmers as I found out there are rap-around one to be had, when I went to get them the 39 dollar each bacdked me off for now, UI check isn't that fat.