Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Nick

New tires mounted (pics for Dan)

Nick
Bought a spare pair of rims from Dan on his trip east last January. The tires were shot and had a lot of rust on the rims. What made the rust worse was letting them sit outside for almost a year before working on them, So I had a lot of prep work to do. Finally got them cleaned up and painted and had my friend Tony mount my Carlisle Tru-Power Ags that I bought from rustybore on eBay yesterday on his pneumatic tire machine that he has in his shed. Got to still do some touch ups on the paint and then I will mount them on the tractor. Here is some before & after pictures. [img]/club2/attach/Nick/Dec18520.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Nick/Dec18521.jpg[/img] In the after picture I have the tires placed exactly as in Dan's before picture to get an idea of how much elbow grease they needed.
[img]/club2/attach/Nick/newtires.jpg[/img]

mowerman1193
Those look nice..I didn't bother to paint my wheels when I put my new lugs on a few weeks back..I wanted to but at that time it was way to cold to try to paint..Of coarse as soon as I got them mounted and loaded with WW fluid it would warm up to almost 60 the other day,LOL What kind/color of paint did you use?

RobS
I recently bought some rims in the Classified's and prepped and painted them and put Carlisle ag's on the rear, The paint is Dupli-color's Wimbledon White. Here's a before picture: [img]/club2/attach/RobS/wheels.JPG[/img] Here's an after picture: [img]/club2/attach/RobS/268-6813_IMG.jpg[/img] BTW, one of the front tires are mounted in the wrong direction [:0], not quite as noticeable as if it were a rear one!