Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New tires mounted (pics for Dan)

Nick

Bought a spare pair of rims from Dan on his trip east last January. The tires were shot and had a lot of rust on the rims. What made the rust worse was letting them sit outside for almost a year before working on them, So I had a lot of prep work to do. Finally got them cleaned up and painted and had my friend Tony mount my Carlisle Tru-Power Ags that I bought from rustybore on eBay yesterday on his pneumatic tire machine that he has in his shed. Got to still do some touch ups on the paint and then I will mount them on the tractor. Here is some before & after pictures. [img]/club2/attach/Nick/Dec18520.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Nick/Dec18521.jpg[/img] In the after picture I have the tires placed exactly as in Dan's before picture to get an idea of how much elbow grease they needed.
[img]/club2/attach/Nick/newtires.jpg[/img]

Nick, am I imagining it or do you have both tires mounted in the same direction. You may have to remove one and turn it around before you put them on the tractor.

Nice work on the rims Nick. And don't feel bad about the tire direction - I left mine at the local STS tire store to have them mounted and they did the same thing.

Those look nice..I didn't bother to paint my wheels when I put my new lugs on a few weeks back..I wanted to but at that time it was way to cold to try to paint..Of coarse as soon as I got them mounted and loaded with WW fluid it would warm up to almost 60 the other day,LOL What kind/color of paint did you use?

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
What kind/color of paint did you use?
I used Rust Oleum's Almond, with ALOT of wet sanding.

Hey that looks like a very familiar picture. I am repainting my rims and mounting ag tires on them too. They look real good. Benjamin Kassulke

Nice job Nick, and only a year. :D I have projects here that havent made that much progress in 5 years. ;):D

I recently bought some rims in the Classified's and prepped and painted them and put Carlisle ag's on the rear, The paint is Dupli-color's Wimbledon White. Here's a before picture: [img]/club2/attach/RobS/wheels.JPG[/img] Here's an after picture: [img]/club2/attach/RobS/268-6813_IMG.jpg[/img] BTW, one of the front tires are mounted in the wrong direction [:0], not quite as noticeable as if it were a rear one!

• 2 weeks later...
Those tires you have look great.How much are they a set?I have heard good things about those tires. Nice looking B-210 you have there.