Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Does your tractor have a name?

Simplr
Hey this is a good one. Sure like one other member stated about his grandest son. I have had sooo many that finally my grandest son said can we name them so that he can remember them easier so my 63-64 Landlord was named "George" after curious george and then there's "Bear" my 1971 Homelite after big bear and then there's Mr. Ed my 3212 you know the talking horse Geez -need I go on. Because after the tractors Branden is nameing everything with an engine on it and we have not even gotton to the ones at my son's house.. Thanks like I said this is a good one and of course sometimes I even call them a few names myself like "fsh and then some. >>->happyjack<-<<

The Beast My wife called it that the first time she saw it and that i that.

Kent
I have occasionally referred to mine as %&%$$!! pieces of %&##%!! - then I figure out what's wrong, fix it and later brag about what great machines they are.

StanS
My B-1 is "Honey" when she runs right. When she is acting up she is called all sorts of horrible names. I call the new Sovereign "Bitch" because she was expensive and doesn't do exactly what I want her to. I glad to know there are other nut-cases who name their machinery. My wife thinks I'm crazy for referring to machinery like is a person and/or alive.

Kent
Thought of this on the way to work this morning.... (These tractors are addicting!) Both my VW bugs ('53 and '64) have names, but I haven't "discovered" nor given either of my tractors a name. They need names, since my family doesn't care about the model names/numbers, and you need to be able to quickly identify them. They do seem to have become a part of the family, after all, and have developed distinct personalities. I know some of you have tractors (and cars and trucks) with names... so I know I'm not completely alone (and weird) in thinking this way. Does your tractor(s) have a name? What is their name? How did they come to have that name? Kent

BradW
My Allis-Chalmers B-10 and B-112 they both have names. The B-10 is called "Ally-Chompers" which I named in 1991 when I was four and started driving the B-10. My B-112 is named "Rough and Ready" I named it that since it is always ready for work.

ka9bxg
To be 13 agian would be great. I reamber when I was 13 We had a wonderboy 700 that we kept working on. Now a few years older and I am once agian working on a wonderboy 700 but now the new 700 sits inside and covered. Don't want it to get dirty!!! Tractor has no name but I do keep Bob in the shed right next to it. You know as Bob Cat. Hell of a nice guy to keep around and you know he never yells at me. Nice freind he is

grandson calls my model 700 the mean machine told him to tell his dad (my son) its better than his quad (98 yamaha warrior)

My AC716H is "Grace" and the AC314H "Kelly" I don't know why BUT, all these replys have let me know that I'm not alone "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE"

My daughter named my AC 312 "Alice". Alice is my next project tractor-- needing paint (Persian Orange), rewiring, and mechanical work-- but she will sit as long as a year or two while I complete another slow-paced project tractor and attachments. That tractor is "Bob". Bob is a homely Bolens 1050 (Brown and White) built in 1966-- but he has numerous useful attachments with him. So we have Bob and Alice here. Suppose they can have a family?