Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear Lift From Landlord 2010 to B210 ??

RobS

Will a rear lift unit with a solid lift rod work on a B210?. I'm looking to buy a rear lift but it has the solid rod but my other B210 has the 2 pc rod with the link in it. We think it would work? Here's some pictures of the one that I was looking to buy, it's off of a landlord 2010. It will come with the bushing for the different size mounting holes on the B210. Thanks [img]/club2/attach/RobS/HPIM0482 Copy.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/RobS/HPIM0483 Copy.jpg[/img]

You'll have to make a lift rod that is 4" longer, to compensate for the longer wheelbase. But, the rear hitch will fit just fine. Just get a piece of 1/2" round from the hardware store, cut it and put a clevis on each end. You'll also need to buy one more clevis, if you don't have another...

The B-210/3200 series uses a solid lift rod. The 2 piece lift rod was used on the 3300 series (no corresponding Allis Chalmers model) specifically with electric lift with no float position. The 3400/700 series went to cable.

I've seen the 210's,212's with a solid rod. They had the manual lift. You might want to compare lenths.as this will determine what will work. As Kent said the 200's had a longer wheel base, and used a longer rod. I've had the split rods on my tractors with hydrolic lift. It's almost a must. It's really tough to feather the lift on a hydro to keep from hitting a hole and pulling the wheels off the ground and spinning. Hence the split lift rod that gives.