Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SNOW!!

bkassulke

Rumor has it that we are to get a bunch of snow here in Northeast Nebraska. The radio this morning said 7-15 inches today :D starting at about 4 in the afternoon. Then it is suppose to snow on Wednesday and Thursday. I can't wait until this happens(if it happens). Michael Wells and I have two tractors ready. He has his B-12 with cab, blower, and hydraulic lift. We also have a B-10 with a blade and weight box. I hope that finally we get enough snow to have a little fun in. Benjamin Kassulke

quote:
Originally posted by bkassulke
Rumor has it that we are to get a bunch of snow here in Northeast Nebraska. The radio this morning said 7-15 inches today :D Benjamin Kassulke
They are calling for 3-5 here in NE Indiana. Figures, after the 50 degree weather I took to snowblower off and put on the belly blade to smooth out the ruts in the yard where the UPS truck cut in. Guess I better go switch again.

Mike,
quote:
Figures, after the 50 degree weather I took to snowblower off and put on the belly blade to smooth out the ruts in the yard where the UPS truck cut in. Guess I better go switch again.
I'm confused. Looking at your profile it would appear that you have multiple tractors. One for each implement. Maybe it's time to convince the Ms. that you need one more?

quote:
Originally posted by slb04786
Mike,
quote:
Figures, after the 50 degree weather I took to snowblower off and put on the belly blade to smooth out the ruts in the yard where the UPS truck cut in. Guess I better go switch again.
I'm confused. Looking at your profile it would appear that you have multiple tractors. One for each implement. Maybe it's time to convince the Ms. that you need one more?
Just need more storage space here at the house. I left the leaf blower and cart hooked up to the 7116, the Allis is over at the main farm to plow mom's walks amd driveway, the 725 is over there as well with the tiller on it, and the 7114 is getting a heart transplant. Oh yeah, the 7018 is over at the farm also, resting. Just not enough storage here at the servants quarters. Updating the snow predictions, it is really hilarious listening to the people talk hearing anywhere from 1 to 12". Probably just get a little freezing rain. Time to get out the fertilizer spreader and load it with salt. Won't have to remove anything for that.

Yeah it is really snowing now. All of this is on top of the ice we got Sunday. We tested out the b-series and they work great. Can't wait till tommorow when I get to push LOTS of snow around. Benjamin Kassulke

The weather man is also calling for snow for us here in Ontario,Canada.:D My tractors are all ready....Allis Chalmers HB-112 with 46"snow blade. Allis Chalmers 919H with 42"snowblower and cab. Simplicity 3416H with 46" snowblade. The bad part is my 4x4 GMC is in the shop.:( Karl

Had about 1/4 inch of rain = ice this morning, :( now snowing like mad, may haveta be on the Sam MaGee trail tonight:) Sure was nice walking it in the snow a bit ago as for a chage, we have no wind blowing with it.

We are supposed to get the same thing here in NE Colorado. There hasn't been much snow, but there is an 1/8" of ice on the streets. I hope we get a lot of snow so they cancel school. They closed it at 1:15pm today. My Deutz Allis 8-28 and D21 are ready to go....I hope, I doubt the D21 will start.

Anywhere from 8 to 15 inches predicted here in Omaha- depends on which channel I look at;) Had the 4108 out for the first time in about 3" a while ago...Worked fairly well with the 42" JD blade:D I'm going to have to add some weight to the rear to get some more traction. Ben, you and Mike don't get to have all the fun!! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/timack/snowplow2.JPG[/img]

WE had at least 9-10 inches and it is still snowin today. The bladed tractor that we used worked real great. I was up by 6:15 and was out until 10:50. It was cold, but it was a lot of fun. Even withe the ice under the snow I didn't spion out that much. MWells had fun with his tractor. Hope more people have fun with lots of snow! Benjmain Kassulke

Well were looking at up to 10 inches in South central Wi and Im stuck at work until 0900 thursday so i hope it snows tii friday so I can play with my tractor. Ive had it for almost 7 yrs and havent been able to use the blower , well we moved this year and I have the drive to plow now but im sitting at work only able to drive a bobcat w/ a brush

Hi In my part of Ontario Canada they are also calling for snow has not started yet but it is suppost to be comming. We had a big mild spell last week which melted a lot of the snow so that the grass was showing through, last night we got a dusting of snow but not enough to get my 1920 and blower out. By the way nice 4108 Simplicity lawn tractor and blade posted by timack. Take Care Jason B

I've been happily disappointed, but I'm ready... The 3012 snow blower could use a cab, the 3112H has a plow now, the HB112 is ready, the B112 is just a backup: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/michaelg221/winterSetup.JPG[/img]

What's all this about snow? It was 75 here yesturday with no end in sight. I for one am about ready for winter. I just want to finish painting my truck before it turns cold again.

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Michael, you are definately ready! That's a great looking fleet you have there.
John, Thanks! I've got a few more keepers, I have a 63'B10 and a 63'Landlord and another 3112H (w/original lights and hydrolift). If you like keepers, take a look at the 101 w/tiller I'm selling on eBay (same id michaelg221), I'll give you a hint that I'll be selling an exact 101 style hydrolift which I stripped out of another 101. I just can't keep all tractors I get... unfortunately. Oh, well the snow here. I spent 2 hours from 6:30am to 8:30am plowing, shoveling and sweeping snow off areas... it was ugly snow and not that much either! We had 2-3" of slush. I have a serious problem using the 3112H hydrolift plow on gravel, I can't adjust it so I don't dig the gravel up somewhere. My solution was to backblade much of my gravel driveway, but that will not fly in big snow storms. This slush was so heavy, my single 25lbs weights on each wheel and heavy chains didn't stop me from spinning wheels either, so I need MORE weights... So if you wonder what Snow in Connecticut is like...there you go.

HEY Ben/Mike! WHERE'S THE PICS?! Ended up with 14" here; I used the Toro, then cleaned up with the 4108-too much fun:D Now, it's getting cold... well not by Marty's standards, but cold enough for me... -1 tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by timack
Anywhere from 8 to 15 inches predicted here in Omaha- depends on which channel I look at;) Had the 4108 out for the first time in about 3" a while ago...Worked fairly well with the 42" JD blade:D I'm going to have to add some weight to the rear to get some more traction. Ben, you and Mike don't get to have all the fun!! I like the 4108 and the VW placque in the background...! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/timack/snowplow2.JPG[/img]

Sorry about the pics, I have run in to many problems with the camera, and such. I will keep trying to get them posted as fast as I can. Benjamin Kassulke