Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Last of 2004, first of 2005

clyde

I picked this up at the end of November - not that I needed another one, but it was cheap enough and had a hydro drive. It's pretty bad, steering is frozen, belts rusted to pulleys, ETC. [img]/club2/attach/clyde/70121.jpg[/img] And I think the engine might need some work. [img]/club2/attach/clyde/70123.jpg[/img] A couple of weeks after I got this I sold my daughters Jeep on E-bay. When the guy came to pay me he said "hey, I have one just like that - do you want it?". Well it took some convincing (:D) but I said OK. He finally picked up the Jeep on New Years Day and dropped this off: [img]/club2/attach/clyde/42121.jpg[/img] Not exactly 'just like it', but it was free and delivered to my door! Don't know what I'm going to do with either of them yet, but I did find a deck for the 4212 already. Somebody stop me please - I can't trun down a deal on one of these tractors. No......wait.....forget I said that. This is just too much fun.:D:D

Looks like you have some good tractors for parts there. That Kohler looks like it needs lots of work. Are you going to work on it, or part it out or something?

Hi Nice tractors you got there, that 7012 Simplicity should keep you busy. Are you planning on doing a complete restoration of the 7012 Simplicity? The 4212 also looks like a nice tractor. Take Care Jason

Sorry Clyde, but I am sure that I will not be interested in that Kohler engine. Hope you continue having the luck with finding these nice machines, even if they are only for parts. You need to build an additional shed just to keep the extra parts in. If you decide to restore that tractor, I have some extra steering parts if you need them.

A little bit of 'Mystery oil', head gasket and she'll be good as new! :-) Im looking for a 7000 or 7100 myself to try some different engine ideas...looks like you got a great deal!

quote:
Originally posted by Nick
It's an addiction Clyde, :D which I don't think is cureable.
How right you are there Nick.... The only known treatment is More Tractors....;):D:D:D

Problem is that he owns a Ranger pickup. Clyde, Oldone (John) and I have determined that when you own a Ranger it just simply attracts tractors and parts to the bed of the truck. We think that Murphy is somehow connected with the phenomenon, since there is usually not enough room in the bed to haul everything, when you end up finding these parts. We thought about starting a sub-group like the "Power Rangers" that were on TV, since Clyde has a red one, John has a blue one, and I have a purple one. Guess that would just be a little corny, right.

It looks like the Ranger phenomenon contines with RICHP: [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43335[/url] Now, if I ever get this on the road I'll be in real trouble: [img]/club2/attach/clyde/tk1.jpg[/img]

If that Kohler is as pitted as a free Onan I got mostly you have a boat anchor there. Even after I got the rust out with some rust remover I got from Woody, which worked good, I couldn't get Kroil to soak down around the pistons after 6 months, plus the cly walls were badly pitted. Same people leave engines half tore apart like that. Nice scores for the price inspite of the Kohler condition.

Yea, Marty I think the engine is beyond hope. But my son just dragged this thing home - totally rusted out but the engine sounds good. Maybe a 3 CYL water cooled replacement? [img]/club2/attach/clyde/geo1.jpg[/img] I have way too many ideas for the time and money I have to spend!!

What will you be doing with that Kohler, Clyde? I was wondering, since I need a crank and carbeurator, and some other parts,

Clyde, I suggest that you ignore the tractors for awhile and get that duelly on the road. With the bed filled and a tandem axle trailer behind, you could really bring home a bunch of parts in a single trip. I've been wanting a duelly for quite a while. Just haven't wanted to pay the price they want for them in this area.

Yep, replace that head bolt, with an eye bolt attach a rope, you got yourself a pretty decent anchor there. Waste not, want not. Man that tonner would sure haul some tractors, in the mean time you can hide some parts in the back.