Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

So I stopped at the farm and grain, and...

andy gartner

...it's still a nice balmy 40 degrees outside. After our week old blizzard and 25" of snow and slush, suddenly not a flake of snow in sight. Is this really January in NE Ohio? As I picked up Mike's coffee, I reflected, the bunkhouse boys still pushing their way towards Texas, on their trusty steeds, their AC B110's and B112's, might be sorry they hadn't wintered up here. And, as coincidence would have it, there on the back of the lot, was a recent trade, taken in by the dealer towards something new. :D

[img]/club2/attach/andy gartner/Dsc01101.jpg[/img]

Well Andy, or Andys... Looks like a first class haul you got there8D, now which one of you guys gets to drive it...?;):D

There seems to be more of these little gems around you than you once thought.;) Looks like you scored another nice haul. Congrats to ya from us here in sunny and warm NC.:D

Thanks all, How ya been Karl, Mike, Greg and Justin? With the chains it came with, I'm good to go, except I haven't started it yet... Service Manager said it may need a piston and rings-he described it as hard starting. I'm hoping it's points, valves?? or something more simple, of course! Any ideas on acceptable compression? It looks somewhat better in the pic-certainly not pristine, like Mark's new B112 acquisition, which he got at an incredible price! But you know...hope springs eternal...and it's hard to let these ole gems sit all alone...parked on a cliff, above a raging river, one false push of the starter button (while in gear) from going over, into the drink. (Yes, I think the dealer does this on purpose for suckers like me). Strangely, must have some kind of vibration, the seat and fender cowling mounting bracket has been welded twice and broken?!? Looks like the fellow cared for it, at one time, but got fed up. Lots of little new stuff on it belts, rollers, then blam he traded it. I liked that many of the little detail parts were present, like the AC logo cover piece, that goes over the steering wheel, and the snowblower belt stays, in front. And that the sheet metal is pretty straight--er (than the B110 I got last year). The deck is weird, bent the foot draggers up to mount it, tiller seems to be only other original AC accessory. Ah, the mystery. Hope to be able to talk with previous owner...

Clean living, right time, right place!! Great score!! Acording to the weather chanel you better brace yourself, we're getting it as I type this.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Good tractor, and an attachmemet for each one of the Andy's and one to share.
ROFLMAO.....;):D:D:D:D

Good looking B112! As to your deck problem, is it just lifting too high because the chain is too short? Also looks like it might be a newer she** on that deck.

Thanks all, Coffee is great! Yes, so was the timing, and voyage of discovery! (good question Chris) ...now I can send coffee promised long ago, to Mike! As for "saving" a B112 (from the river), the excitement high, never ceases to amaze...it was too wide to get in the bedroom, so I slept outside last night. This is fun Maynard, for all the andy's! famous last words... "I think I'm done now..."

Hi Nice find you got there. That B-112 looks to have been taken good care of.I always enjoy looking at the old simplicity lawn and graden tractors on here, maybe someday I will own a few "classic" simplcity or Allis Chalmers garden tractors. Take Care Jason B

Nice score on the 112 Andy. If its got 70-90lbs compression cold, it should run on it. Mine had 90 cold and hadn't run in 4 years, so the guy said. Hows your Wards Garden Mark, you using it at all?

Ken Jason Marty thanks all, Marty, I haven't dug into the Garden Mark (725) too much yet, it's in a nice, warm garage, parked next to some buddies, (63-Landlord, 4111,) still waiting for some time and attention. It does get looked at, and admired a lot. I finally got the rotating hood mounting system working properly (wish the Landlord hood rotated).You remind me of how great your 725 looks after restoration, and that you really use it! Will check B112 compression.