Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Murphy's here

Nick

Stopped in early the afternoon. Said to say hi to everyone. Couldn't get the lug nuts off the one rear tire, have a dead battery. charged it, got it running for a while then it would just quit, changed the spark plug and fuel filter plus added some dry-gas to the tank. started up & ran fine and the governor starts to hunt. knowing it's because of my broken throttle cable, I start of take off the steering wheel to pull the dash to access everything. I snapped the bolt that holds the steering wheel in place. Now I got to pull the tank and battery to access everything. Why can't he leave me alone?

You just hang onto him Nick, just got done blowing snow for 3 hours with a loose bearing on the chain side and it hung together. Got new on the way, I think, but none on my shelf.

MPH, you are lucky that Murphy is spending some time with Nick and not visiting in Tok today. Nick, I've had the same type of luck many times. It will get better. Just hang in there.

Hang in there Nick, I think we all get into projects that look easy but seem to take on a life of thier own.....[:0] BTW keep Murphy at your place....;)

Nick, please keep him there for the next 24hrs. Were supossed to get hit with ice and snow....I'm going to need all the help I can get. BTW sorry to hear your trubbles. Elon

Nick hope all your bad luck goes away soon!! I hate it when Murphy Visits.Last time he paid me a visit I ended up fishing my keys out of a floor drain sump.Talk about a stinky Job. Good Luck on your project. Jim

Hey Mike !!! Isn't Murphy that chunky little round neighbor of yours who lives around the corner from you ??? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ken

quote:
Originally posted by vfd702
Hey Mike !!! Isn't Murphy that chunky little round neighbor of yours who lives around the corner from you ??? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ken
Well.....that would explain a whole lot wouldn't it.....;):D

He still visiting as I type this. Pulled an all nigher last night to fix that throttle cable. managed to put the tractor through a 36 in. door opening to work on it, had to pull out some of the contractors stakes for his pouring of the floor to get it in. It should have been done already so I really don't give a damn. Never got the cable done as those rabbit ears that hold the throttle broke. So I figured I operate it manually for the time being. Manage to bust off the key switch. replaced it with another one. I couldn't get it back through the door this morning. I finnaly did, and still wouldn't start. I replaced the battery with another my neighbor had. While it was sitting charging the S/G belt froze from ice and wouldn't start. The tractor is back inside with much difficulty geting it in there charging, and thawing out. I hurt my back and I haven't even shovelled a bit a snow all day. If it weren't for this contractor Murphy wouldn't be here. I like to send the contractor a bill for my aggravation. Sorry I just had to vent.

Murphy has moved on... Last night I went to Walmart and bought a 51R battery. Drained the gas and found a tiny bit of water in the tank. Refilled her with fresh fuel and stabil Hooked up the new battery and around 1am I pressed the starter button and 15 seconds later she purred to life. Only thing is there is no low-idle speed, but for now I don't care. Will get that fixed when I get that throttle choke control Mike (MDB) offered me. Thanks Mike!

quote:
Originally posted by Nick
Murphy has moved on...
I already noticed:(!. Took the transmission out of my 416 to fix it, and ended up cutting the pulley in half.