Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Designer Snow Banks

MPH

The bolts that hold my wheel wts on are getting creative in my snow berms [img]/club2/attach/MPH/0105.sno.designerBank.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/MPH/0105sno.designerBanks.jpg[/img] snow master 725, mostly just up to the axle of the front tires so I guess 7-8 inches [img]/club2/attach/MPH/0105.sno.725.jpg[/img] Hadda come out blowin [img]/club2/attach/MPH/0105.sno.comeout.blowin.jpg[/img] Heading down the Sam MaGee [img]/club2/attach/MPH/0105.sno.SamMagee.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/MPH/0105.sno.trees.jpg[/img] Trees are getting heavy on the trail, and I turn white when the snow from the chute hits them [img]/club2/attach/MPH/0105.sno.heavyTrees.jpg[/img] Was glad I talked myself outta blowin with headlights last night with a wind of 15-25mph, had a perfectly calm, sunny, and, ahhh, balmmy day of 2 above to enjoy 3 1/2 hours of snowblowin [img]/club2/attach/MPH/0105.sno.sun.jpg[/img]

Great looking pictures Marty! And what an artistic tractor you have there. Keep warm and keep sending those pictures.

Looks good Marty but I'm still glad I'm down here in Kentucky! Our 12"-18" of snow is gone and we've had 4-5" of rain so now the creeks are running wild. Many roads here and across the river in southern Indiana are flooded with more flood warnings for the next few days. Stay warm and keep that escape route open!

Marty, I say give up the Carpentry and sell those snow banks as Art. I'm sure if you put a picture on Ebay you could get close to retirement.

Marty, that is just too cool! And sunlight! They're predicting almost 70 next week here in northern Maryland before the bottom drops out. Maybe, just maybe we'll have some white stuff to throw around!

Thanks again for sharing your great pics. I have to get up to Alaska someday. Sure is some beautiful country. I can only dream about playin' in the snow; here in eastern PA this batch of rain is about over. Maybe one of these times we'll get some snow. But we have had to suffer with some sunny 60 deg days though!

Marty Nice pictures! Put some longer bolts on for deeper designs:o) I heard on the radio that someone from Texas had a bowlful of snow on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=88433&item=5548289853&rd=1 Take a look at them. http://search.ebay.com/texas-snow_W0QQfromZR3QQkeywordZonQQsosortpropertyZ1QQstrkwZQ20snow Even yellow snow from WI.B) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5548399363&rd=1 Marty maybe someone from the deep south would want some real AK snow? Worth a try:o) It warmed:D up overnight! It was -27 at 8:00 PM when I went home last night and now it's -15. Some places were -37 [:0]last night. The roads are still a sheet of ice:( and lots of people still going in the ditches

What exactly do you do for $$ up there? Where do you work? and is it really dark all the time? We had 3 days of rain here is SW PA and already I am depressed and gloomy....... BTW I really enjoy your pictures!!!! especially the oil purability ones.

Nice pictures Marty. Glad to see someone using their snowblower. We had 2 inches of snow this morning when I went to work. Latter in the day we had freezing rain.:( When I came home from work we had ice/snow/slush on the ground. I did not even clean the drive way off.The weather man is calling for a little more snow and on Saturday warmer temps. Karl

Hi Great looking Simplicity tractor and snowblower you have there, it really can blow the snow far. Very nice and the "art work" on the snow banks from your wheel weights is pretty neat. It looks like you got a lot of snow where you live, I wish I had that much snow to blow. Take Care Jason B

Marty GREAT pics...! LOVE the snow ...LOVE the 725...Greatful that i have a bit more light than you at this time of year!

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Don't know what struck me so cool about the snow bank turnout but glad you enjoyed them too. Sat here contemplating how I could inject food coloring through the bolts, guess the idea sprung from one time when the boys and me put colored water in thier super soaker water guns tryng to make colored ice fog at 60 below. Color didn't show up well but we sure went through a lot of food coloring trying, had a blast and a yard full of ice fog for the day. JCS, you haveto be north of the arctic circle to get the full no sun rise affect. Up there last sunset was towards the end of nov and first sunrise is Jan 23. Still is not really dark as the star light up here is intence on the all white landscape. Sell the pics Wayne, Nice dream, too bad I drove 200 miles in a good snow storm today to take a 10 min UA test to go back to work next week. Gonna be outta goof off time WAY to early in the year. Sell Alaskan snow to deep southerns, Hello ROBIN, how much ya want? Not sure what interesting pieces you see on my blower Andy. Except for the clutch rod holder I made the rest of it is like I found it, it's parts partner, the B-112 and 2 mower decks grown into the willow bushes of Delta Ak.

Hey Wayne, was to burnned out last nite to follow out you e-bay links, gotta give the guy credit for trying, gives me a little hope for America seeing he has no bids yet. I see people illegaly parked along the road a lot too, not sure why they do that, can't be good for the cars. Been enjoying being warmer then you all week but think thats suppose to chage by Monday. Not sure why, it always feels good to be warmer then those of you living in the lower 48, it never lasts long.