Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lazy Mans way to Transport a Snowblower

MPH

With the chain side bearing getting loose in the blower I'm using, figured I better get this one outta the snowbank and into the shop, ready for the new bearing I have coming for it. Wore it out about 2 or 3 years ago and been hoping to land a 42inch before I had to fix it, 'bout ran outta time though. [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snoblower.jpg[/img] used a rope I made up with a loop on one end and chain hook on the other, hooked the loop to the bottom of the blade pivot pin, run the rope down around the chute, rapped it around the hitch a couple times then hooked it to itself, love my hydro lift. [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snoblower.1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/MPH/snoblower.2.jpg[/img]

It's coming Tom, snapped this yesterday because it's the first time I seen the sun hitting the ground on the north end of the yard, its about 400 feet from N to S across my yard so the sun angle gets pretty low. [img]/club2/attach/MPH/0105.sno.sunTouchdown.jpg[/img]

Craftiness is the best tool in the toolbox. Brings to mind watching my father and some of his farmer friends standing around looking at a problem hooking something up or moving something. They would look at it and then go into what mom called their "thinking stance". All of the farmers around here wore bib overalls and they would kind of lean back and hook their hands into the bibs or straps and get that deep thought look in their eyes. Pretty soon a solution was at hand! I sure miss that man!

That is one way to move a snowblower. And I have been moving them with a hard cart:o)or in the back of my trailer for the tractor. Karl

Karl, the one I'm currently using I moved into the shop, past the last moment of need, riding on a Alm. grain shovel for a sled, got it there, but luckly it was only about 75 feet away. Dave, between the weak hydro lift, which ='s slow, and the fact the blade for it has no shoes, and it eats a lot of gas, it's pretty much a shop queen for the winter. Plus I have yet to find 5 more 360 Dodge flywheels to make rear wts outta. At 37ls each, need at least 3 more, knock off the heat fit starter gear and they are with about a 1/4 inch of prefect fit Mike, pretty sure thats where I got my thinking process from, there is most always a better way to get something done. Had a young foreman last summer that almost daily made the comment' your always thinking Martin, I like that about you old fa--'. He was fun too work with.