Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
toad270

Ohio Ice Storm

toad270
We got a lot of freezing rain last night this is what it looks like everywhere today. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/c.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/d.JPG[/img]

Mack
Wow!What a night and morning.Lost power about 1:30am.It sounded like a war zone with all the noise of the breaking and falling branches.The county is still under a state of emergency.At one point it was reported that 90% of Logan County was without power.Luckily power was restored here in Lakeview so soon as we had been told earlier today that it may take 2 to 3 days to restore the electric.There will be a lot of cleanup needed.Had been looking over PeppyDans tractor with the chipper attached to it last week too.May have to look for one in the near future!Here are pics. of the front yard. [img]/club2/attach/Mack/ice1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Mack/ice2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Mack/ice3.jpg[/img]

rokon2813
We had a little ice here today, but not like that. Started with about 2 inches of snow last night, then freezing rain and rain showers all day today. Not enough to break too many tree limbs, and it got warm and windy enough with the rain to knock all the ice back off the trees. Now to get the one inch of snow with the ice cap off the driveway tomorrow. :D Suppose to be in the upper 30's so when it gets a little softer, I'll just push the slush out of the way. :D:D

Jason
Hi Wow, that is some damage from that Freezing rain storm you had.We have had Freezing rain up here before but I have not seen damage to trees done by freezing rain storms in my area for a long time. We had a little bit of Freezing rain the other day but not even a pin drop close to what you got. Take Care Jason B

Nick
Yikes! I remember the big ice storm we got here a few years ago. What a mess! We got 5 inches of snow yesterday with a coating of ice. Got woken up by the fire pager yesterday morning for an SUV that ran off the road into a tree about 6 houses up. Threw on my clothes and my fire police vest and out the door I went. Luckily no injuries, but the whole road was black ice. I can't wait till spring.

clyde
quote:
Mother nature added a little insult to injury last night.
I guess she did! Too bad the ice causes so much damage, because that is one pretty picture Mack! I hope everyone affected by the ice makes out OK.