Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ohio Ice Storm

toad270

We got a lot of freezing rain last night this is what it looks like everywhere today. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/c.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/d.JPG[/img]

Yikes, It looks like you got alot of it. We just had a bit of freezing rain, no broken branches though,

We had a taste of that last weekend, It wasn't thick enough to break any branches just made waling a difficult job!

I had more and worse pictures but they was to large I had Five branches about 3" to 5" and about 10 feet long in my drive this morning before I went to work

WOW...We had freezing rain last week..not quite to that extent. Also never had it like that when I lived in Columbus OH.

Wow!What a night and morning.Lost power about 1:30am.It sounded like a war zone with all the noise of the breaking and falling branches.The county is still under a state of emergency.At one point it was reported that 90% of Logan County was without power.Luckily power was restored here in Lakeview so soon as we had been told earlier today that it may take 2 to 3 days to restore the electric.There will be a lot of cleanup needed.Had been looking over PeppyDans tractor with the chipper attached to it last week too.May have to look for one in the near future!Here are pics. of the front yard. [img]/club2/attach/Mack/ice1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Mack/ice2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Mack/ice3.jpg[/img]

We had a little ice here today, but not like that. Started with about 2 inches of snow last night, then freezing rain and rain showers all day today. Not enough to break too many tree limbs, and it got warm and windy enough with the rain to knock all the ice back off the trees. Now to get the one inch of snow with the ice cap off the driveway tomorrow. :D Suppose to be in the upper 30's so when it gets a little softer, I'll just push the slush out of the way. :D:D

Looks like at least it all missed your houses. When I see weather reports like that just gotta tell myself, -60 ain't sooooooooo bad. could be a few months shorter though.

That's really tuff I hate to se trees damaged like that. We got real lucky and only got about 6" of snow from it here.

Hi Wow, that is some damage from that Freezing rain storm you had.We have had Freezing rain up here before but I have not seen damage to trees done by freezing rain storms in my area for a long time. We had a little bit of Freezing rain the other day but not even a pin drop close to what you got. Take Care Jason B

We usually get 1 or 2 half decent snows pew year here in NC but about every year we get one of these doozy ice storms. I feel your pain. I hope all involved get through it.

The whole town looks like this. so far everyone ok as far as I know. alot of people with out electric or heat. Luckily we didn't loose any power.

Yikes! I remember the big ice storm we got here a few years ago. What a mess! We got 5 inches of snow yesterday with a coating of ice. Got woken up by the fire pager yesterday morning for an SUV that ran off the road into a tree about 6 houses up. Threw on my clothes and my fire police vest and out the door I went. Luckily no injuries, but the whole road was black ice. I can't wait till spring.

quote:
Mother nature added a little insult to injury last night.
I guess she did! Too bad the ice causes so much damage, because that is one pretty picture Mack! I hope everyone affected by the ice makes out OK.