Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
stavendirtbike

Simplicity 725 snow blowing issues

stavendirtbike
Hello, I have a Simplicity 725 tractor with the origional 3 belt blower. I live in CT and recently got hit with snow/rain/sleet, you name it. Pretty heavy snow. I had alot of trouble trying to make a foot worth of movement before the blower clogged with snow. I have the engine on high throttle, 1st gear, and it just isn't performing well. It seems to work very nicely though in light fluffy snow. My neighbor who has an older Bolens tractor with blower seemed to have 0 problems blowing this snow. Is it lack of power or something I can fix? Oh, I also tried doing the wd-40 trick, spraying the whole blower assembly but it wasn't really helping. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BillC
A couple of years ago I purchased a 3-belt snowblower for my 725 and I to had problems with the throat of the chute plugging. I noticed the newer style Simplicity snow blowers including the one on my Sovereign, which I normally use, have a larger throat and chute. Understand the original 3-belt snowblower was designed for the 2-wheel walk behind tractor and may have worked fine because it moves slower than a 4-wheel tractor. It looks like they just changed the hitch to mount on the tractor. The 3-belt snowblower may also have been Simplicity's first snowblower design and may have some design flaws. I was able to get a junk blower for free and torched the back of the housing and chute off of it. Someday I intend to remove the original chute, cut the throat opening bigger and weld the new chute on it. Just is not a high priority along with not enough time.

TRAC TOR
Last year I had the same problem with my snow blower, then frustrated, I began using it like a plow, I enjoyed it so much I went and put the plow on the trator and I havn't gone back since.