Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Paul_B

16HP Briggs rebuild tips

Paul_B
I'm having a guy rebuild my 16HP briggs for my 3416H (Single cyl, horizontal). Here's what's going to be done below. Anything else I should have him do? Also how hard are these parts to get? Bore .020" over New Piston (.020" over) New Rings New Piston Pin New Connecting Rod (STD.) New Valve Guides New Valve Springs New Intake Valve (The old one is worn) Valve Job

BLT
If you have model and type of engine, you can download parts list from Briggs and Stratton web site. As far as rebuilding, how far is it being taken down? From parts decription, it looks lke a bore job and valve grind. Or was bore .020 over already?

Al
Hi, While it is apart I would carefully look at the Camshaft where the ignition points push rod rubs. If it shows ANY wear on the shoulder where the pushrod contacts it, I would replace it. This throws the timing off. If you replace a camshaft, always replace the lifters also. Al Eden