Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydro lift

AlfredGarner

Hello Everyone: Well i finally scored on ebay and purchased a hydro unit from a 3312 for my b10 Question is will i need to fabricate brackets for mounting? now all i need to find is a hi-lo unit been hoping to find a tractor at an auction but there are very few around.Tanks for any infromation

There is a special bracket that mounts the hydraulic cylinder to the top two bolts on the bevel gear box... hopefully it came with the rest of it. Other than that, it's a simple bolt in... However, the 10HP engine requires a hard to find drive pulley... Here's the field installation manual for it: http://simpletractors.com/operation/hydraulics/hydraulic_lift.htm

Jim Mcdonald in CT. just installed his Hydro lift on his 10hp he had a 12 hp pulley and I gave him a 10hp pulley. When he installed it he said he could use the 12hp pulley on the 10hp engine with out a problem just could not use the spacers between pulley and drive shaft.

Al I thing there is a hi-lo on e-bay as of yesterday. might want to check it out,it's on the simpleicity parts and acc. site for lawn mowers. Ken

Maynard, That's interesting info -- did he have to use the booster fan from a 12HP to use the 12 HP pulley? I haven't tried going that way, but I have tried using the 10HP pulley on my 16 HP engine -- I would've been required to forego the booster fan, so I found the right pulley instead.

Kent He bolted right to the 10hp engine with out the booster fan. He tried both pulleys. With the 10hp pulley he needed the spacers. The 12hp bolted right up and did not need the spacers for the the drive shaft. That is the way he explained it to me when he called yesterday.