Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
B-10nut

Reproduction fenders b-10

B-10nut
Does someone make reproduction fenders for the b-10? I am having a hard time finding a good set with a resonable price. Seems like everything I find has holes, dings or high priced for a good set.

HubbardRA
If cost is your worry, I guarantee that reproduction fenders would be significantly higher than the "high priced good set". Right now, there is so many used sets around that it would not be cost effective to reproduce them. The demand for them would be extremely low. Do like I do. A hammer, a welder, and Bondo can work wonders. Only you will know, if the job is done right.

mowerman1193
Seems to me that all the sets I see (even on the restored tractors here) are bent on the corner where they curve downward..I have only seen a few good looking straight sets...and never seen a rusted out pair yet..But know I have seen so many bent ones that it makes me wonder if mine are the ones that are wrong... I agree with Rod though a good body man should be able to take out the dings ect..and not really have to use any body filler..

Nick
quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
Seems to me that all the sets I see (even on the restored tractors here) are bent on the corner where they curve downward..I have only seen a few good looking straight sets...and never seen a rusted out pair yet..But know I have seen so many bent ones that it makes me wonder if mine are the ones that are wrong... I agree with Rod though a good body man should be able to take out the dings ect..and not really have to use any body filler..
ya mean like this? [img]http://mercury.walagata.com/w/mdit99/landlordside.jpg[/img]

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by Nick
quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
ya mean like this? [img]http://mercury.walagata.com/w/mdit99/landlordside.jpg[/img]
Yep just like that,LOL

Kent
IMO, those get bent by people putting their hand down there to support their weight as they get off the tractor.... On the Allis tractors, the seat armrests also get bent down from the same thing -- dismounting the tractor. That's why I ran a piece of flat stock across the back of the seat on my Big Ten, which bolts into the armrest tubes and ties the whole thing together solidly, and will support a LOT of weight... [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/2_into_1/rear_finished.jpg[/img]
quote:
2. While I was at it, I fixed a common problem with these seats -- "drooping" armrests. Approximately 3" out from the end of the toolbox on each side, I drilled a hole in the light mounting bar and a corresponding hole in each tube (also now painted silver -- they were too rusty to salvage the chrome) that holds up each armrest. Then I bolted the light bar and the tube together on each side. These armrests are now solidly upright!