Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"Classified Ads" Work!

Tacey

Last month I noticed an ad here in the Club Classifieds wanting to buy a Simplicity snowthrower attachment. Although I had no immediate plans to sell my attachment, I did notice that the poster wanted a thrower like the one I had, and that he lived pretty close to me. (I hadn't been using the thrower, opting to push the snow instead). I emailed him with what I had, and lo and behold, we struck a deal. So now I have some cash and storage space for my next Simple trACtor purchase. Oh Boy! :D Moral of the Story: It Pays To Read The Classifieds. Tacey

Yea they sure do! I listed a need for a used cylinder head for my 3212H (I could not find one localy) and just bought one here! Getting hard to find parts for these over 30 year old tractors! Great website! Keep up the good work!

The classifieds are great! Everytime I've posted I've been able to find just what I want! When the time comes for me to make my next purchase, I'll post an ad!

I bought a tractor and several parts on the Classifieds in the For Sale and Wanted sections, just another great asset of this site!

I have found the last 5 items I needed from members in the classified ads, one set of front rims, 2 oil pans, one cylinder head and one carb. I also bought 2 complete tractors, a deck, snowblower and a front blade from a member. I would say the ads work great!

I found the loader for my Sunstar from a nonmember by placing a wanted ad. And not only did I find one of Dutch's blades, and a snow blower, and 916H/Loader, but got to meet Smilin Sam, Bunky, and Bob Lehigh all face to face as a bonus. I also was able to get a 3-point hitch for my Sunstar. Not through an ad but, because of my presence on this sight, and met Ambler. I think that is the best part, meeting great people.

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
I think that is the best part, meeting great people.
I've said repeatedly that the best thing about this club is the great people you meet...

quote:
Originally posted by Tacey
Last month I noticed an ad here in the Club Classifieds wanting to buy a Simplicity snowthrower attachment. Although I had no immediate plans to sell my attachment, I did notice that the poster wanted a thrower like the one I had, and that he lived pretty close to me. (I hadn't been using the thrower, opting to push the snow instead). I emailed him with what I had, and lo and behold, we struck a deal. So now I have some cash and storage space for my next Simple trACtor purchase. Oh Boy! :D Moral of the Story: It Pays To Read The Classifieds. Tacey