Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need weights?

Kent

Saw on another site that some Walmarts have their 100 barbell weight sets on clearance for $19.99 or so.... Would be real "gravy" if these are the ones with the 1" bar, since that'd fit into the rear lift...

Kent, was at Walmart late last night picking up a 51R battery and forgot to check to see if they would fit. I thought I had an old 1" bar laying around here but I must have scrapped it accidently. Oh well.

Went to Wal-mart this evening. 120lb set( 4-20lb,2-10lb, and2-8lb) with bar 1"(must be 2lb). The wts are incased in plastic. The price was $20.44 plus tax. They were not prominently displayed and had to search to find them.^ BobK.

Sounds like a great deal to me..I don't really care for the plastic type weights though..but for that price I could live with it..

quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie_A
Nick, Did you get the battery in the Newburgh NY Walmart? What was the price??
Yes I did get it there. I don't have the receipt on me at the moment but the price was about $40.00 before tax.

Is the 51R the preferred type of battery? I will be buying battery and weights today if I can find them.

I've always found a whole rack full of garden tractor diehard golds at the sears store in Fairbanks. First one I bought 5 years ago is still in the 725, though showing it age, it get weak if it sits too long without use.