Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
maxtorman1234

Sunstrand update

maxtorman1234
A while back I posted a question about the axle tube that would not turn in the transmission I had. I had to cut the pulley on the transmission in half, but I got it all apart today. Anyways, once I got the pump off, I tried to turn the axle tube, and it moved. The transmission is good:). So, I took the pump apart, and discovered that the little plate that holds the pistons for the motor was bent, not allowing the assembly to move. THen I go to the parts diagrams, and see the whole thing is a "kit" That's typical. I just just need the little plate, guess the pump is junk. The price for that will be rediculous, guess im out of luck. I refuse to give the dealers any more of my money:) Might be able to bend it back, I'll have to get a closer look tomorrow. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/1.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/maxtorman1234/2.jpg[/img]

maxtorman1234
Well, Just went out and looked at it. It appears a couple of the pistons are stuck in the bore. Can't seem to get them out, even thought they should just drop out

maxtorman1234
We think that's the reason too UCD. Also, see the white milky stuff? That was the oil that was in it. I put about a liter of dexron ATF in it before i used it, and now it's all white. It poured out like water too. Must have been moisture build up, as it's a sealed unit, and i know it's been sitting out side for years.