Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
dbf

Update

dbf
For those that were following my Landlord 2110 wiring woes, I managed to get the carberator from the guy I bought the tractor from tonite. It had been soaking in a bucket of varsol in his shed. I brought it home and cleaned it up a bit and then blew it out. I said the heck with it and threw it on the machine. It kicked right away, a couple of times, then nothing. I frigged around for a while, then decided to crack it open. The bowl and float were pretty bad, so I cleaned all that up. The needle valve is wore quite bad and the gasket, although I never tore it when I dismantled it, is pretty soggy. I believe I'll drop it off a small engine repair shop tomorrow for a good going over. Hopefully once that is done I'll have success in firing it up. A couple of questions: 1. What is the preferred plug for a 10hp B&S? There is a Champion J-8 in right now gapped at .025. 2. What should the points be gapped at? I thought it was around .008-.010, but I have them set much tighter to achieve spark. Do I need a set of points? Thanks again. Dan