Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wonder Boy 700

jgehman

Take a look at this tractor that I got last week. It is all original. It even includes the snowblower and rototiller. I excited about have just joined the club! :) [img]/club2/attach/jgehman/wb700.jpg[/img]

Welcome to the club Joe, I was going to say watch out because this can be an addiction until I clicked on your profile. I'm too late. There's alot of info on here and SimpletrACtors.com, probably any question you might have about these old tractors has probably been asked before but if you need anything answered don't hesitate to ask away.

Welcome to the Clubhouse! Nice looking snow removal fleet you have there!Do you have enough family members to man them all or do you just rotate them? ;)

Was gonna say you gotta pay double to join if you scored a 700 that nice OEM, but I see you have a good herd to keep it company. Welcome to the club Joe

Kris how do they multiply so fast? Mack I have four tractors with snowblowers on and only one operater and no snow. Dave thats the way I got it, just washed it and gave it a good polishing.

Joe, By the looks of things in that garage you might have them too close together. If you move them apart a little they might not multiply so fast.

Welcome to the club Joe, It looks like you have a very nice collection there. This is a great place to hang around and talk tractors and just fellowship with some very nice people. Hope to see more pics. of you fleet.

WOW Joe! What a sweet orignal, you must live right!! That's a great looking fleet you have there to. Welcome aboard and keep the pics coming in.

Welcome to the Club. Nice looking Wonder Boy 700.8D Your Wonder Boy 700 is in very good shape. These old tractors do multiply if you do not keep them apart.:o) One day you have one,than 5 years later you have over 25 of them.:o);) [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

Thanks for the warm welcome. Not much of a story behind the tractor.A freind bought it and could not keep it in side so he decided to sell it and I had to buy it.I will try to post more pictures but thanks to my brother I got those on.

Great collection, Joe! I only have 4 at the moment. They are scarce down here in VA. Also, I don't want to push my luck too far with Momma. So far she supports me in my collecting, even though 4 could be considered overkill, since my lot is only 1/3 acre where I currently live. Told her I am getting ready for retirement, when we plan to move out of town to a larger place.

I have 9 tractors that I can use, and 3 parts tractors. 2 allischalmers b12,1 simplicity 101, 3 broadmoors 727 728 738, 1 yeoman 627, 1 wonderboy 700, 1 simplicity 725. My parts tractors are 1-101, 1 allischalmers b1, 1 simplicity 725. Tonight I was hooking up a sickel bar on my 725.This tractor hasnt run for a long time.I had to clean a big mouse nest out of the motor before I ran it. I learnd to check the motor for mouse nest here on simpletractor. Lots of good information. thanks again for the warm welcome.

Both my 700,725 have electric start. I looked under the hoods and they look the same,but have different numbers on the starters.

quote:
Originally posted by jgehman
Both my 700,725 have electric start. I looked under the hoods and they look the same,but have different numbers on the starters.
Thanks and welcome to the club. I've been enjoying my hobby and it's really helped me get work done around the yard.

Welcome to the club. That's a very nice looking tractor, good score on it!! The only thing I can see that might not be original or perhaps points towards this being a later tractor(made near the end of the 700 run) is the center PTO. On the two Wonder Boy 700s that I have, both have the early style engagement handle. Look at this link and it will be the second pic from the bottom. I have only ever seen this style of PTO on the WB 700 and never seen an original WB 700 without it. I can't say with certainly that it wasn't on the 700(same tractor after they dropped the "Wonder Boy" name to reduce confusion with the Wonder Boy RER), but they had definitely changed to the newer style by the 725. Detailed information on these 45+ year old tractors is kind of thin.... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=22170&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=Wonder+Boy+700