Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 713S Modifications

HubbardRA

I have had some inquiries about several modifications that I made to my AC713S. Here is a brief explanation of them with pictures. First is some pictures of the Cub Cadet muffler that I mounted on my tractor. I had it laying in my garage and decided not to buy one of the high dollar factory mufflers. Some pipe fittings, a couple of homemade brackets, and a hacksaw to cut off the pipe coming out of the muffler were all it took. It exits through the original hole in the AC713S hood. The colors are a little messed up, since I dropped back to 16 colors in order to post large pictures.

Roy and a couple of other people were interested in how I made the chrome pipe that I attached to the hood, actually couple up with the muffler, yet still be able to open and close the hood of the tractor. [img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/Pipe1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/Pipe2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/Pipe3.jpg[/img] Johnerj and some others was interested in the air cleaner that I had on the tractor. This is a stock air cleaner with the snorkel end from an old Chevrolet air cleaner welded to it, and then ferred in with body putty. [img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/AirCleaner.jpg[/img] Hope some of you like the changes. If anyone wants more information, just let me know.

Pretty neat mods. I like them both. I like it when you can make a few mods to give your tractor a little custom look while retaining the factory designs.

Some clever thinking there Rod, mustta had your bibs on with your thumbs hooked in the spenders figuring some of that out.

The "exhaust thru the hood" is my favorite - looks good and saves the paint on the hood. Rod - how many people at GOTO looked at that and asked 'how do you open the hood?'. (Besides me :D)

Clyde, there were quite a few who asked about that. Just hard to visualize that the tip unhooks when you lift the hood, unless you have seen it.

Rod, Very cool and neat. Good thinking!!!! :) What would be better, if possible to do, would be a formed exhast pipe to replace the pipe fittings. I've always thought that the pipe fittings we use must be restrictive and create back pressure. Now, I gotta pick on you a little. "Body putty" on an air filter????? I'm shocked. ;)

I'm not that perfect on the welding, Roy. Tried a butt fit, but just didn't look good. Guess I shouldn't have told anyone my secret. Probably hurt my reputation.

Rod, Your reputation is fine and your welding is vasty superior to mine. The air cleaner looks good! I was just picking on you for fun. Please do hold this against me. Cheers,

Just joking with you too, Roy. If I hadn't wanted people to know about the body putty, I wouldn't have said it. Not worried about a reputation. Please don't hold it against me either.