Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I finally picked up my attachments today...

dbf

...that is, the blade, blower, mower and sickle bar. The blower and blade hooked up with no problem and I was blowing and pushing snow around in no time!! Problem was, with the carb not working 100%, I couldn't make enough power to really put the blower into any deep snow. It worked well enough tho. One thing that is missing from the blade was the front attachment lift rod (as seen here [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=82242&item=4348552083&rd=1#ebayphotohosting[/url]). I used a piece of rope which worked well. I am wondering if a guy could use a length of chain, 2 shackles and a turn buckle. I notice the rod isn't exactly straight, but I never had any interferance issued with the rope. Thoughts. Thanks guys,

I suggest you get a 4 ft long piece of 1/2" cold, rolled steel stock at the hardware store... cost about $6 for the last one I bought. Then get two threaded clevis ends, cut the piece of stock to length, and thread it to put a clevis on each end. That way, you can put some down pressure on it, by pushing against the lift lever... The threaded clevises allow you to fine tune the length to get it exactly the way you want it...

Yah, you are right. With the rod, you can apply pressure against the blade. Never thought of that. Thanks brother. That's what I'll do.

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity314
I recently made a rod with 1/2" steel. You need not bend it at all. I'll take a photo tomorrow.
I'll appreciate that.

dbf...didn't get a chance to take a pic today. I will do it tomorrow. Oh, and you do have to make bends at the end so the rod goes into the mounting holes! What I meant to say is you don't need the bends along the length of the shaft--It clears everything well.