Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ups drop off

toad270

This was on the door step tonight after work. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/HI-LO.JPG[/img] This is off of a 2012 What all do I have to do to install this on my Early B-10 and what size belt will I need For this? One more thing what kind of grease goes in this?

Cool. So how does this function? I've not had the chance to see one except for these pictures and I don't understand how these operate.

It is in two main parts -- the pulley and the central hub. It has planetary gears in it that slow the revolution of the hub to 1/3 the normal speed when they're engaged -- the outside pulley spins three times faster than the center hub. In high range, it operates just like a regular pulley, and the planetary gears aren't engaged. Here's a picture of the other side of the pulley, showing the housing for the gears, installed on my Big Ten... [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/2_into_1/high_low2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the picture Kent that is a lot easier to understand where the tab goes then the pics in the instructions

I want to live in your neighborhood, if that's what shows up on your doorstep. Much better than a burning bag of dog poo. You will like it, especially for stuff like tilling.

Todd, no problem... Make sure when you install it that you put Locktite on the setscrews that hold it on the transmission shaft. The most common problem with these is that those setscrews get a little loose and the whole pulley slides back and forth on the shaft instead of engaging/disengaging low range. Simple solution to a common problem...

LOL And if you have a standard set of tools, that set screw can be a bear to get to. Your allen wrench will need to be an inch longer than all the ones you have. ;):D

another box on the doorstep today here is a link to it it is towards the bottom http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43322

Kent, THANK YOU!!! (And thank you for your work with SimpleTractors - just reading more of the post on the server information...) Otherwise, a hi/low is a desired future toy for me. I've got a B10 to restore one day. Just going to collect parts for it as I go.
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
It is in two main parts -- the pulley and the central hub. It has planetary gears in it that slow the revolution of the hub to 1/3 the normal speed when they're engaged -- the outside pulley spins three times faster than the center hub. In high range, it operates just like a regular pulley, and the planetary gears aren't engaged. Here's a picture of the other side of the pulley, showing the housing for the gears, installed on my Big Ten...

toad270 - curious what is the part number or how do you refer to that grill. I am thinking of that.
quote:
Originally posted by toad270
another box on the doorstep today here is a link to it it is towards the bottom http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43322

There was no part# I just told him I wanted an Early B-10 grill $50.00 1-800-254-3116 www.normstoys.com normstoys@kconline.com