Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Before and after

richp

How did you get the rust off of the hood? Working on a 7116H myself. Takes a long time by hand to sand off all of the rust.

Looking sharp, Rich. What's left to do, and how far are you going with restoration? Also, what kind of paint/primer are you using?

Looks great, Like the others, I'ld like to send mine down too:D
quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
How did you get the rust off of the hood? Working on a 7116H myself. Takes a long time by hand to sand off all of the rust.
If I really wanted to, and had the time, I could sandblast my parts at school:)

Hi Your tractor looks great, what a difference a new paint job makes. Very nice hopefully your tractor is thankful for getting a new paint job. It almost looks brand new again. Take Care Jason B

Looks awesome, did you mask off the decals or have new one made? What color paint did you use for the hood & wheels? Dan

I taped off the decals. I always seem to get lucky with the condition of decals. The color is chevy engine orange (kills me as i am a Ford guy). Then I clear with PPG's Omni brand clearcoat.

Are the hood & wheels painted off-white or something with a touch of grey? My Simplicity's look like they would have an off-grey hood & wheels but I can't find anything on the exact color. Dan