Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

x-ref question

Simplicity314

Does anyone know if this will fit on a 3112v? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4349086157&rd=1 The ad says it came off an AC 310. I looked in the x-ref and there is no Simplicity equivelent for it, but was wondering if the rear ends are the same. Thanks in advance. --Jim

Jim, I think it will proably fit. I know the rear lift is different, 1 1/8" vs. 1" for Simplicity if I'm not mistaken. The variable pulleys might also have different diameters for the bushings. What exactly do you need off it, or are you just looking to swap out the entire rear end?

Jim I have that rig for sale. I am a FDT guy. I acquired the carcass because a guy owed me some $$. (The 310 was realistically beyond restoration) My intent was to attach it to a B110. The mounting holes lined up perfectly with the B110 Frame, but I came across a Hi - Lo set up I installed instead. Anyway, to make a long story longer, I believe it will fit. My B110 would have been just a shade over 4" longer if I had made the installation.

I have a 410 shuttle and my 713 has a shuttle. Rears look interchangeable. Rear hitch and seat mount are different and control rods may be a little different. Won't take much work to hook it up, though. crequake, you are calling it a "speed changer", is that the same thing as a "varidrive"?

Yea Rod thats a variable. Jim; I got 2 here with no pulleys on so if you need a measurement without tearing one down, let me know.

Rod, like I said I am an FDT guy. It probably is a vari drive, I get confused with all the names given to speed changer pulleys by different manufacturers. (But I like my Hi - Low setup!)

quote:
Originally posted by crequake
Rod, like I said I am an FDT guy. It probably is a vari drive, I get confused with all the names given to speed changer pulleys by different manufacturers. (But I like my Hi - Low setup!)
Yep, Simplicity/Allis called them either varidrives or variable speeds, John Deere called them variators, etc. Same principle...

daddycat: I know a guy one town over from me who offered me a landlord parts tractor along with a 3112 with no rear end (or tin) I passed on it initally, hi-low, v,h drives are in such demand and expensive that I can buy a complete tractor for what drives are going for. ( tin is rare for anything, of course, but it seems I'd have an easier time finding that than the drives). But for $50 bucks or so for an entire rear end with the drive is affordable and do-able. Even if I have to take a ride to Maryland. Everyone else--Thanks for the input. --Jim