Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mark64

Battery question

mark64
I have looked almost everywhere in town for a new battery for my B112 with no luck. Seems no one's book goes back that far, NAPA said bring in the old one and they can try to match it. I figured somebody here will know the correct battery # for it. Thanks in advance. Mark

mark64
I picked up a 22 from NAPA and it fit's decent. I had to laugh when he sait it was $52 with my company discount, or $77 without it. Seems like alot of money for a garden tractor battery. I hope it will lasts a few years. Mark

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by mark64
I picked up a 22 from NAPA and it fit's decent. I had to laugh when he sait it was $52 with my company discount, or $77 without it. Seems like alot of money for a garden tractor battery. I hope it will lasts a few years. Mark
It has to do with volume of the battery, not the market. It's not a high volume merchandise item and therefore is a little more pricey.

Kent
The 22NF was the original battery spec'd for these tractors -- the poles are reversed from a regular Type 22... The 22NF is a special order around my house, and close to $60 -- that's why I use the $39.95 Type 51R...

MPH
I run Sears DieHard garden tractor batteries in all mine, seem to fit fine and the oldest one is now 5 years old. Guess I could be considered a little bias though, haven't bought anything but diehards since 1970, anything that can crank my truck 318 at -60 and yes, even at -70, is good enough for me. Engine is plugged in with two block heatters and a glue on oil pan heatter but they don't wqarm the battery any.