Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

oots

:D
Here is a Picture of my 7016 it is a 6 speed with manual lift for now soon to have a hydraulic lift.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/oots/

Can't tell too much from the picture, but it looks pretty good. I see that you have the shuttle transmission. Too bad it isn't the hydrostatic transmission like my AC716H, you could drive the hydraulics off of the charge pump.

Thank for the input. I've started working on my lift system ,me and my buddy homer have all ready got the pump working and trying to figure out were we are going to mount the pump. We mounted the hydraulic cylinder under the tractor.It all ready had a bracket on the lift rod to mount a cylinder, so all we got to do is make a mount bracket for the back of the cylinder. It is a electric over hydraulic. I got the pump of a convertiable top from a mustang for $50.00,with lines and cylinders but the cylinders for the top have plastic mounts so i used the cylinder from the hydraulic lift system for a wheel lift kit i purchased. It is about 12 inches long ,perfect lenght. I'll take some pic's and post them of the installation.

Well fellow tractor buff's i need your help. I got the lift installed and it works fine,has plenty of down presure and when the blabe is raised it stays up. But i have a problem, I am having wiring problems,the motor is a 2 wire and it has no ground wire. How do you hook a 2-way switch were there is no ground.PLEASE HELP SOMEONE , ANYBODY Thanks

I tryed to download some pic's that i took of the job but it says that the files are to big to download what should i do.

You just reverse wires when you want it to go in opposite direction. I believe it would be a double pole double throw switch.

quote:
Originally posted by oots
I tryed to download some pic's that i took of the job but it says that the files are to big to download what should i do.
I don't know what program you are using, but somewhere it will let you resize your photo's. Just make them smaller, I usually go to 580x435 and they upload with out any problems.

Oots, Go to Resources, Links, Miscellaneous, then download IrfanView. That is the software I use to set up the pictures. I crop them to get only what I want in the picture, then change to 16 bit color. Posts great every time. Be sure to "save as" to a jpg file and use a simple name for the picture with no spaces or special characters in it.

Wendell Get a SPDT ( S ingle P ole D ouble T hrow ) momentary on toggle switch. One wire from the motor goes on one of the terminal's on the out side of the switch T1, the other wire from the motor goes on the other out side terminal T2. Power from the battery goes onto the middle terminal P. Besure to install a fuse inline with this wire from battery. The lift motor gets its ground though its mounting frame. install the toggle so that when you move the toggle up the lift goes up and when you push it down the lift goes down. This same wireing setup is used for the power spout rotator.

For some reason , I was thinking of reversing motor. Maynard as always is correct. More and more of the brain dead problem

Well i tryed wiring it up like maynard told me to and it still wont work, it has to have a way to break ground, you hook the + and - to the motor and it works one way reverse the + and- and it works the other way. i need to find a way to break ground hook the wires to a switch with a hot and no ground wire it wont work. tell me what im doing wrong

Oots, As Ron said above, you need a double pole, double throw switch, that is momentary, with center off. It will have six contacts. Hook the motor wires to the center two. Hook positive to left bottom and right top contact. Hook ground to right bottom and left top. This will reverse the polarity between the up and down setting. The reason I said you need a momentary switch is that it is spring loaded to center (off), so when you release the switch the motor stops. Hope this is understandable.

Some motors Ground through the motor case these use a SPDT momentary switch Some motors use an external ground those use a DPDT momentary switch.

Well now i got to take the rear wheels off and paint them and install the weights. Then i'll have the wheels done. Time to start on something else. thinking of taking the deck and installing a push mower motor on it and make a hitch for it and pull it behind the tractor,like a finishing mower. Homer and i are working on his craftsman transaxle the chain broke,an easy fix. Well i'll keep you imformed on my next project.

oots, your post has helped me out in trying to wire up a project that I'm working on. now I see how to wire up the motor right!

Not a bad looking tractor at all you have there.You will like the hydralic lift alot better than the manual.Reminds me of the manual lift on my old B-10.

Well i finaly got my wheels done , boy what a job, I took a drill and wire brush and got all of the old paint and rust off then put a heavy coat of primer on to cover up the pits in the wheels , then i put 2 coats of paint on each wheel then installed the tires and weights now im ready to play.