Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
RickS

headligths

RickS
The other night I was attempting to clear snow with my 7012H and was having a hard time seeing. It seems one of my bulbs had burned out. It was an easy fix to replace the bulb, but in the process I noticed one of the lenses was showing signs of melting. I guess a bulb was put in, that was too hot at one point in time. So does anyone have an idea to replace the lenses? This is a 7012H tractor with the small square lights in the grill. Thanks Rick..........

D-17_Dave
If it's already melted, it's most likely changed the way the lenses distibut the light. I'd just replace them. They shouldn't be hard to find used in decent shape. I may even have a pair in the 7010 I'm parting out.

HubbardRA
I have one light in the 713S that has a melted spot on it. I recently bought a set of two lights (complete units) on ebay to install in my 716H. They had very clear lenses on them. I have an extra set of lenses, but they are very yellow from age. I was told that soaking them in chlorine bleach would make them white again. If you are looking for a replacement lens/light, try checking the ebay links. Think I saw one there. Check this link to the classifieds: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/classDetail.asp?id=6985