Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10 found

Mick14

I found a B-10 forsale,looks a little rough,but complete,comes with a rototiller and plow blade,,missing the gas tank.the one problem the seller admits to is that it has a "bad" intake valve,does that indicate anyother engine problems ? he's asking $300 or best for it,and i don't want to buy an un fixable engine at that price.Thanks

Seems a little hi for a known non-runner. There could be other problems with the bgb or rear end that you can't tell right now. It does sound worth looking into with the attachments and for parts. What does the rest of the tractor look like? Even if it's a little rough, if it looks like it was used recently or the attachments look like they are in decent shape it may help you judge it. You can always offer less and see what he says.

I would see if you can get it a little cheaper, and the motor should not be a problem to rebuild. Check the drive line out good too.

A little high but you do have some nice attachment. Check out the bgb and offer him less. See what he replyes. But It is woth fixing up..

If you can't hear it run,you might as well assume the engine is junk.If you find out later it's a simple fix,so much the better for you,but most times,it's safe to assume the worst.Take that into account before making any offer.

seems a little high to me. you might contact member dlcentral he is in ny and has good prices, anyway his ads apperar fair

Thanks everyone,I'm gonna pass on this one,but if any one else is interested,its a 1968 and is located in South Kingstown R.I.,E-mail me for the guys phone #