Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new wheel weights

hdrhdr

When I read landlord2110 posts about wheel weights I thought It was time to make my set. dadsy98 excelent diagram on the brackets were great and surviver2003 mentioning that Wal-mart had the weight set for ONLY $20.44 I had to go shopping. Went to W-M in Richmond and found the barbell set. The steel I had laying around and of course we all have spare nuts and bolts. I stopped by the Tractor Supply and bought two 1" x 8" big bolts and nuts. You can buy them by the pound. My pair were almost 5#s. I figure I have less than $30 in the whole set.

I didn't need to have an offset on the right side so both of them are identical. [img]/club2/attach/hdrhdr/IMG_0502.jpg[/img] Mounted on rim. [img]/club2/attach/hdrhdr/IMG_0503.jpg[/img] One 8lb weight.

Plus one 10lb weight.

Plus one 20lb weight equals 38 pounds times 2 equals 76 pounds that only takes a couple of minutes to install. The best thing is that the barbell set is "MADE IN THE USA":) Thanks to all the members for the fantastic ideas. This is proof that this is the best forum and club on the net!!! Randy

I'm happy you like that design. As far as I know You and Stumpy have tackled this project. Did you use the same bracket design on the left and right sides? the right side differental(sp) makes for a cumbersome arrangement. (see EZ Weights) I haven’t had The opportunity to complete the sets I’ve promised yet. Seems every nice day is used getting wood, water, and vehicle maintenance. Yes, I’m homesteading my place (read cheap). Heck, I might subcontract your services :):):)

Definitely a nice job. If you could find the steel version of similar weights, you probably could get more weight on there. Gotta figure out where to these weights.