Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dbf

Gilson Snow Blower....and other stuff

dbf
My old man has a 10 hp Gilson blower and was asking me if I knew of anyplace where he could find references to OEM belts. Is there such a place on this site? He buys them from places like Napa and Canadian Tire (because they are cheap), which for the most part sell automotive and A/C compressor belts. He goes through 5-6 belts a season. He blows about 1700 feet each storm!! As well, I had another good day tinkering on the old 2110. I cobbled up a lift bar for the plow from a piece of 1/2 inch stock. It works well. I also took the pedal off because it was not returning full travel after engaging the drive. I found I would have to use the toe of my boot to fully engage the drive. This was a little cumbersome when I was manouvering in and around the cars in the garage. The shaft of the pedal was all gummed up, and so after polishing it up with emory cloth and cleaning up the bushing, I lubed it up with wheel bearing grease and she works great. It was 50 degress (10 degrees C) today and the snow is disappearing. If this keeps up, I'll have to take the chains off and rig the mowing deck!!!

Mick14
If you "google" gilson snowblowers,you will see a site called the "snowblower shop" ,,first one on the list i think,he should be able to help you out.interesting site.

MPH
Might just get a good length of the belt and buy a Simplicity belt to fit it as they are made for the backward bending, if its a Gilson tractor set up like my 14hp wards is.