Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ags on Broadmoor

ehertzfeld

There was some interest about the 20x10-8 Ags that I got. Well I finally got around to put them on yesterday, before I played with the cab. Well here they are, now if I can just get it running. The last storm we had it took one look out the tent and decided it didn't want to go and play:( Got spark, got fuel, but won't fire, thinking it's just a mixture problem.

Elon

Hi Nice tractors, those Ag tires really make those Simplicities look sharp. I was thinking about putting Ag Tires on my Agco 1920 but decided agaist it. Are the Ag tires gental on grass or do they leave marks from the treads. That is why I did not put Ag's on my 1920, because I did not know if the Ag tires would leave rutts or not. Take Care Jason B

They will leave little ruts when the ground is wet, and they'll dig out chunks if they ever spin -- but they don't spin nearly as often as turf tires... If you're mowing for others, I'd be very reluctant to put ags on -- doesn't your 1920 have diff-lock, anyway? If so, you should be able to get the traction you need when you need it...

Those tires look good on there Elon! From behind they look all business! Jason:I have ags on my Sunstar loader tractor, but I wouldn't put them on the 1920H I mow with. One little spin and you have one heck of a hole. But like Kent says, with the diff. lock I've never needed any tire other than my 26x12x12 turfs.

Elon those ags look real good on there. From behind it looks all business. Jason: I have ags on my Sunstar Loader tractor and love them, but would not put them on the 1920H mower. One small spin and you have a hole. The mower has 26x12x12 turfs and with the diff. lock it does just fine.

Hi Kent and Comet 66 Thanks very much, My Agco Allis 1920H is a 1996 model and it has no diff.lock. I was told by my dealer that Diff.lock was avalible as an option for late model Agco Allis 1920H's, although I have seen early Agco 1920's with differential lock. Since I have no diff.lock on my 1920 I was hoping that the Ag tires would give me more traction.In any case I am glad that I did not put Ag tires on my 1920 for mowing grass. However for blowing snow would the Ag tires make a difference with traction if I do not have the diff.lock? Take Care Jason B

For blowing snow, I'd just put chains on your turf tires instead of using ags. Chains will give far better traction on ice -- only thing is if you spin, you can put scuff marks (no real damage) on a paved driveway...

Hi Kent I should have explained myself a little bit clearer, I currently do have chains on my 1920H's turf tires however I should have asked is Do Ag tires with chains give you better traction in snow over turf tires with chains? I appologies for this confusion. Take Care Jason B

Jason, Not enough better to justify the expense, IMO. 4-link chains don't work well on lugs at all -- the chains end up getting between the lugs. 2-link work better with lugs, but I wouldn't pay the $100 plus just to add the lug tires to the equation just for snow/ice...

Just a note I run ag tires on my 707 puller and Ihave snapped the axle pin 3 times. I finally had to change the wheel hub since the pin hole got so chewed up I was afraid I was going to rip it in two. So if you use ags with two link chains and hid something hard with the dozer blade you may snap a pin. Since my 707 is stock I know its not excess HP just more torque than the OEM pin can handle. PS. I tried grade 5 bolts and they snap faster than the pins and are harder to get out.