Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need Help

beuce

I found a Homelite T-16 at the local Simplicity dealer. Tractor comes with a real nice plow blade, a tiller with new tines, snow blower in pretty good shape (needs some welding at the bottom corners), all hitches, and finally tire chains and weights. Drove the tractor today and it seems to run solid, hydro seemed good as well as the electric lift. 3 of the four headlights work. The dealer wants $700 solid, I am trying to justify the cost but do not know much about the Homelites. Just looking for any insight of what other club members would do in my situation... Thanks!

Values? Snow blade - $150.00-$200.00 Snow blower - $150.00-$250.00 Tiller - $150.00-$300.00 Chains/Weights - $100.00-$150.00 Tractor - $300.00-$500.00 My estimates on individual pieces.You didn't mention a mower deck but another $75.00-$150.00 for Mower deck.Maybe the dealer will through one in to seal the deal? ;)

I'd be scraping my pocket book for the $700, this so I could double my money splitting it up and re-selling all of it in the following month or two.

Mack forgot to mention the elec Lift is worth another $150.00 to $250.00 if you were to buy one and put it on the tractor. I think it worth the money.

Thanks guys, My only real problem with the deal is I am getting married in 3 weeks and money is real tight until after the wedding. I am going to buy the tractor right now, and yes Sam I will be scraping my pocket book ;) Thanks to all who replied and I will try and get pics in the very near future!

Get the tractor--leave the wedding alone. Save that little deal for another day. Good tractor deals only come along every once in a while. Women are around all the time.lol

If you pass up a good tractor deal for her this time, she will expect it every time. I think it would make a great wedding gift!!! Just kidding....Good luck with both!!!!!!!!!

I'm on the second Marriage now, and after 15 years of it, I'd have to agree with other sentiments here.... ...don't let the tractor get away:D That is unles you are luckier than most men in the real world;)

I agree, I am on my LAST marriage, (3rd) and have almost convinced my wife that at least six tractors (current inventory) is necessary. She is working on understanding. It will take some time, and yes, some more tractors!

quote:
Originally posted by cgreaves
I agree, I am on my LAST marriage, (3rd) and have almost convinced my wife that at least six tractors (current inventory) is necessary. She is working on understanding. It will take some time, and yes, some more tractors!
Yeah Yeah Yeah....Heard that before A guy I work with said that same thing 2 marriages ago....

Yeah, me too. Got a great one this time though. And, I have given away my last house and she knows that I truly believe that you can not have too many tractors!

I picked up the T-16 last night and parked it next to my 3112 and B112. I now have a B-112 in parts, running 3112v, T-16. 2 tillers, 3 plow blades, 1 snow blower and 1 mower deck :D If it wasn't for this site and the persuasive replies I may have passed this deal up and kicked my self in the rear afterward, so thanks to all! Oh yeah, I still get to get married (my 2nd)too :) She was all for the purchase after I read some of your replies to her!!!

quote:
Originally posted by beuce
Oh yeah, I still get to get married (my 2nd)too :) She was all for the purchase after I read some of your replies to her!!!
Glad you only read her "some" of the replies:D:D

Ray, Sure can, I haven't had time to pull it out of the garage since I bought it Monday. I will try and get some pics tonight or this weekend.