Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve Hitch

surviver2003

Thinking about fabricating about 6 newer style sleeve hitchs(the ones that are about 7"x9.5").Considering doing it either 1.) just the hitch or 2.) the hitch with bolts, stabilizer plate, lift rob and pins etc. Would keep it as close to factory spec. as possible. My son works in a fabrication shop and will do the work in his spare time. Pricing for 1.) would be about $50 and 2.) I'm still scratching my head. But before I go much further I'd like to know if there is enough interest? Let me know. Bob K.

Hello, I'd be interested in one of your hitches for $50 if it included what you described in your second description. If it came with the short lift rod with clevis, adjustment bolts, pins, etc. If you get a prototype done, please post a picture. $50 would be a pretty good deal in my opinion. Let me know what you decide.

Since I want 2 or 3 of these hitches for myself, I'm still considering fabricating them. I think I could provide them with bolts,stabilizer plate,yoke and lift rod for $50. You will have to supply your own clevis pins.But first a few questions. 1. If these are still available from Simplicity, is there a problem with me fabricating and selling them to club members or on Ebay? I think fabricating them for myself is not a problem. 2. Need dimensions for the lift rod. 3. Need dimensions for the stabilizer plate. I appreciate any comments or thoughts you folks have. Bob K.

Hey no problems. You need to charge what is necessary to keep you happy or in business. Time is not free. I'm close to breaking even on one deal I made, there is no way I am close to "making money". Running on wild goose chases, your welding, hauling a trailer, renting trucks all cost money. I know a lot of folks want to brag how they got free deals, but some have the eyes, some have the jobs, some live in the right places. It's a hobby of fun. While the steal seems to be the deal, at some point it's just fun. It's nice to know you end up with good equipment. As a closing note, I'm still hunting for that loader!
quote:
Originally posted by surviver2003
Since I want 2 or 3 of these hitches for myself, I'm still considering fabricating them. I think I could provide them with bolts,stabilizer plate,yoke and lift rod for $50. You will have to supply your own clevis pins.But first a few questions. 1. If these are still available from Simplicity, is there a problem with me fabricating and selling them to club members or on Ebay? I think fabricating them for myself is not a problem. 2. Need dimensions for the lift rod. 3. Need dimensions for the stabilizer plate. I appreciate any comments or thoughts you folks have. Bob K.

Bob, as long as you dont advertise them as Simplicity, but as reproductions or homemade, I dont see a problem. Can't help with dimensions though. Dan

quote:
Originally posted by surviver2003
Thinking about fabricating about 6 newer style sleeve hitchs(the ones that are about 7"x9.5").Considering doing it either 1.) just the hitch or 2.) the hitch with bolts, stabilizer plate, lift rob and pins etc. Would keep it as close to factory spec. as possible. My son works in a fabrication shop and will do the work in his spare time. Pricing for 1.) would be about $50 and 2.) I'm still scratching my head. But before I go much further I'd like to know if there is enough interest? Let me know. Bob K.
Bob, I posted some photos and specs for you. Go to this link > http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44264

I bought a Brinly cultivator at Home Depot this summer and have no way to attach it to my 917 yet. I figured it would be an "intro to welding" project for me in the future (along with a trailer hitch), but I might be interested in buying one if it looked like it would work on my unit!

The specs. posted by Dutch are what the hitches will be built to. I still need the factory specs. for the lift rod and stabilizer plate. If someone could measure them and post the dimensions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, BobK.