Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hopefully an Improvement

comet66

After plowing the driveway last week I found a 3"x5" piece of steel laying in the gravel. It turned out to be the bottom of one of the shoes off my snow blade. The other was worn almost as thin.:( So I figured rather thaan buy another set of these thin things I'd see if I could make something that might last a little longer.:D Hopefully these will do the trick. [img]/club2/attach/comet66/10002.JPG[/img] A full 3/8" thick [img]/club2/attach/comet66/10003.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/comet66/10005.JPG[/img] I also got tired of never having anything to rig a load to when using my loader to move equipment around the place. So I got a piece of angle iron and some hooks and fixed a couple of permanant places to hang a load from without the top of my loader bucket bending. [img]/club2/attach/comet66/10010.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/comet66/10012.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/comet66/10015.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/comet66/10020.JPG[/img] So, Hopefully these little modifications, will prove to be an improvement. :D:D

Looks good John. I lost a shoe on my plow last big snow we had, and did some driveway "art" for my in-laws. A few surface marks apparently. I have not been back to the scene of the crime yet. Nice hooks too! I'm jealous. Critch

It's not so much plowing the snow that wears the shoes out, it's moving the dirt and gravel in the summer.... I had to upgrade mine a couiple years ago, though I only used 1/4" plate...

You will be more than pleased with the hooks you welded to your loader bucket. We have always done this to our skidsteer loader buckets. It seems like there is never a week that goes by that we haven't made use of them for one thing or another. Good thinkin' on your part! Tom

quote:
Originally posted by oldone
Yes, those shoes should last you a mounth or two. :)
I have to agree on the shoes and those hooks will really come in handy....:D

The shoes are a good idea. I was planning on a new set for my blade... I may just have them made now after seeing yours. At about $25 a piece new... a set that would last a long, long time makes good sense to me!

Well that looks like you should be all set for a long time...Mine are not in the best shape as well..I hate to nock down the Simplicity blade but..These things sure seem cheap made compared to my Wheel Horse blade..